April 18, 2024, 10:36:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection and M-Audio Code - Won't MIDI learn  (Read 3923 times)

InTheMood

V Collection and M-Audio Code - Won't MIDI learn
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:25:33 pm »
Hi everyone,

I recently got Arturia V Collection - beautiful piece of software!
I am working on Bitwig Studio 2 and use an M-Audio Code 61 as my master keyboard. On all my other plugins, like Kontakt 5, I can control the software using the MIDI mode on the keyboard and assign my faders and knobs to different parameters easily.

Unfortunately it is not the case in the V Collection. Right now I have loaded up the Jup-8 and whilst triggering the MIDI learn function, moving knobs and faders won't have effect: it is as if the Jupiter doesn't pick up any MIDI input.

Any idea as to why this is happening?

Thanks for your help!

LBH

Re: V Collection and M-Audio Code - Won't MIDI learn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:27 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums,

More informations is needed.

1. What do you excactly mean by "whilst triggering the MIDI learn function, moving knobs and faders won't have effect"? Can you please step by step tell what you excactly are doing and how? (Have you clicked on a JUP-8 parameter, so the MIDI learn window is open, when you move a knob, button or fader, and are you moving the control enough?)

2. Do you have the same issue with all or other V-Collection (VC) applications?

3. Does MIDI learn work when JUP-8 (and other) VC applications run in stanalone mode?

I don't use your DAW or controller.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:37:00 pm by LBH »

InTheMood

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:29:54 pm »
Hi LBH,

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed, I have toggled Jup-8 V MIDI mode by clicking on the button with the MIDI connector. Then, I select the control I want to assign and a window pops up telling me it is currently learning. Then, whilst moving faders or knobs, the software doesn't pick up any input: the process hangs in learning mode forever.
It is the same in all V Collection synths.

Weirdly enough, if the default Jup-8 MIDI mapping matches some of my controller's, I can use them to control the Jupiter (although I won't see the faders and knobs moving in the VST, I can only hear the effect of it) ; but I can't assign any of them to any parameter through MIDI learning.

My keyboard sends those MIDI messages to the global channel 00, and Jup-8 is set to listen to all channels.

Other plug-ins will successfully pick up MIDI messages with my current configuration.

When using the standalone plug-ins, MIDI learning is successful: I can assign parameters and when I move knobs and faders on my keyboard, the faders and knobs will also move on the Jupiter interface.
Looks like the DAW could be the culprit. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:31:53 pm by InTheMood »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 04:56:20 pm »
Hi InTheMood,

If you can use MIDI learn with for example Kontakt 5 as you say, then it could look like a compatibility issue between Bitwig and Arturias products, but not according to this if you use 64 bit at least: https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/v-collection-6-compatibility .

Which plug-ins do you use? Have you tried if there are differences between using different plug-in formats? Are you using the same format for Arturia products as for Kontakt?
If you use VST format are you using VST2 for both or VST3 for Arturias plug-ins? According to this bitwig supports both VST formats: https://www.bitwig.com/en/support/faq.html
You can try the same format as you do for Kontakt. Perhaps there are issues for a format, and then that's the culprit.

My keyboard sends those MIDI messages to the global channel 00, and Jup-8 is set to listen to all channels.
What's a global MIDI Channel 00? Is it MIDI OMNI?
Have you tried to send on MIDI channel 1? Try and see if that make a difference.

Weirdly enough, if the default Jup-8 MIDI mapping matches some of my controller's, I can use them to control the Jupiter (although I won't see the faders and knobs moving in the VST, I can only hear the effect of it) ; but I can't assign any of them to any parameter through MIDI learning.
Are your graphics updated? That you can try to do.

If the above does'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support directly thru your Arturia account.
I also suggest you contact Bitwig support, in case this is a DAW issue.

Good luck.

I'm interested in hearing the result.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines