March 29, 2024, 01:53:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Linux support  (Read 26850 times)

Plop

• Apprentice
Re: Linux support
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 07:43:43 pm »
Spent some hours today reverse engineering the sysex data, along with the data from the two "export" features ("Controller Map" and "Device Settings"). I figured out the patterns for all the programmable hardware controls, and now it's the tedious part of doing the data entry. I'll post a new topic when I get some results that work.

I also dump all the sysex for the Beatstep pro, but only from the "device settings" i dont realy find any pattern in the sysex of "Controller Map" did someone have any clue ?
Here are the sysex for the beatstep pro https://github.com/Pl0p/Beatstep-pro-Sysex

dudhtha31

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2022, 09:46:31 am »
I run Ubuntu Studio and Ardour as a primary DAW. Got a Keystep 49 Essential second hand and was def surprised to see this "MIDI Control Center" app as the only way to change some of the hardware settings. Fortunately, the app has a "MIDI Debug" window that outputs all the sysex sent to the device.

hellodear.in

teatv.ltd
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:26:56 pm by dudhtha31 »

nodens

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 12:40:23 pm »
Yeah, the midi debug is useful. It's a pain to get all the sysex, though, I wish Arturia would document them.

Of course, it would be even better to have a web version of the tool using JS Midi extensions, as other do (Novation for instance), instead or in addition to the Midi CC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines