April 27, 2024, 01:32:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Keystep tempo/sync issue...  (Read 2665 times)

eyyojung

Arturia Keystep tempo/sync issue...
« on: August 05, 2018, 04:43:16 pm »
Hi,

I couldn't find a thread about this so I create this one...

I use the Arturia Keystep (firmware 1.0.1.15) as a slave connecting via Midi. I like to trigger the system with my Boss DR-660 to sync tempo like I do with my DeepMind12.
After disconnecting the external source, the clock should keep running in the triggered tempo.
Midi connection is like this: DR-660 (Midi Out) > DM12 (Midi IN) > DM12 (Midi Thru ) > Arturia KeyStep (Midi IN)...

BUT it looks like the KeyStep does not stay in tempo after the external clock stops. And worse, I can't even use it anymore...
According to the manual the KeyStep should behave like this:
7.2 As Slave (page 38)

- The Tempo controls will not control the internal sequencer or arpeggiator while the external source is running.
- When the external source is not running, KeyStep will function according to its internal clock at the last known tempo.

In fact it behaves like this:
If the external clock stops the arp stops and tempo is gone and can not controlled anymore or freeze on the last note til I press the stop button.
After that the arp/seq don't work at all. If I press the play button it's just blinking and is waiting for external input by midi.

On the DM12 it runs well, it keeps running with correct tempo even if the external clock is deactivated.

I'm not sure if the current frimware (1.0.1.15) has something to do with it or if it's even possible to only sync tempo and keep it running in midi (dip switch) mode?
Does anybody noticed the same issue or do I something wrong?

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:01:53 pm by eyyojung »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Arturia Keystep tempo/sync issue...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 12:58:56 am »
What external device are you using to clock your Keystep?  This sounds hung MIDI messages where the device is expect the next message but isn't receiving it, similar to hung MIDI notes.
What do you mean about the DM12?  Is it a comparison; are you saying the DM12 arp runs even when a MIDI tempo is not being received?  In such a case I would presume that the DM12 has an 'auto' tempo setting allowing it to swap over to it's internal tempo as soon as the external tempo message is lost.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines