August 17, 2018, 10:44:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ACTUALLY control LEDs from MIDI? not just Midi Control Center Software?  (Read 109 times)

mccrabney

hello, i've seen several questions on this forum about whether you can control the Minilab MKii LEDs via midi signal, the way you can with the QUNEO, Launchpad (og, mkii, mini, and pro), APC, monome, and every other controller that uses LEDs.

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92480.0

i have not seen a clear answer, only references to the Midi Control Center Software, which doesn't do the same thing. we want the pad LEDs to be controlled by midi, not merely light up with the color specified in the Control Center Software.

i see that people using Ableton have 2 way midi feedback using the pads. what signal is Ableton sending to the MiniLab in order to do this? where is this information missing from the manual?

SO, can we get a real response as to what midi notes make the Arturia Minilab MKii pad LEDs light up?

i'm afraid that i'll have to return the device if this feature has been overlooked.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Hi,

You can't lit up the pads of the MiniLab MK2 from midi notes. However there is a way to do it via SysEx but I don't think Ableton Live can send SysEx messages.

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:48:26 pm by Matt Arturia »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines