March 28, 2024, 12:59:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do not see any presets in VST (Cubase, Ableton)  (Read 3259 times)

melsator

• Apprentice
Do not see any presets in VST (Cubase, Ableton)
« on: July 30, 2018, 08:08:21 am »
My Analog Lab Lite works fine as stand alone or VST when I directly open the plugin and choose any sound. But it does not show any presets in the VST bank/program window. Presets are empty and the sounds are not shown in the sound filter section. Any idea?  :o

LBH

Re: Do not see any presets in VST (Cubase, Ableton)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 06:46:59 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

My Analog Lab Lite works fine as stand alone or VST when I directly open the plugin and choose any sound.
What's the difference in this way that apparantly work in plug-in mode, and then the way that does'nt work?

Do you have the issue in both Ableton and Cubase?

melsator

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 12:00:27 am »
The effect is in both applications: Cubase and Ableton. When I use other VSTi instruments I can select the sounds/programs in the track parameters of the instrument track (VSTi) and select sounds by classes like piano, brass, organ etc. In my Analog Lab installation this field is empty. In Cubase it is called "Program" -> see attachment.
I can select Analog Lab as instrument and open it. Within the Analog Lab environment I can select the sounds, change parameters etc.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 02:46:24 am »
If i understand you correct, then you can select presets in Analog Lab plug-in in your DAW but not when you use the DAWs presets selectors. Is that correct?

It's the same in Studio One 3. I don't think Arturia make presets visible/ avaible for the DAWs preset selectors. This may have to do with the powerful browser selection that Arturia have. But i by me it's the same with many other vendors plug-ins, while others do make the presets availble for my DAWs own preset selection system. I don't have any third party plug-ins that have own advanced browser systems, that make presets avaible for my DAWs sytem.

But if you wish, then you should be able to save some kind of DAW presets of your own. But those presets will only be useful in that excact DAW and for example bypass Arturias powerful preset system. Keep in mind that Analog Lab can access other arturia applications presets and that Analog Lab can save other applications presets so to speak. I would use Arturias system unless  for speciel presets that for example  include DAW effects.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:53:00 am by LBH »

melsator

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 08:31:52 am »
This is correct: I can select the presets in the Analog Lab plugin but not in the Cubase preset selector. So it seems for me that this done bei intention and not by accident. This is new to me because my other plug ins like Korg Legacy Edition show the presets in the Cubase preset selector. Ok, I need to check out how to handle this. Thank You for your clarification.

Sanguinea_Project

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 07:48:12 am »
Hi,
… the same in Reaper and vsthost.
as far as i remind, this behaviour was ever since this way. I think, it occurs every time when developer implement an own patch-management (e.g. an own database) and don't use the 'ordinary' patch-management by fxp/fxb. I think its not a problem specific to Arturia, but to all synths with an own patch-management.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines