April 18, 2024, 10:50:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Volca Beats plays internal patterns + Beatstep programming - PROBLEM SOLVED!  (Read 1195 times)

buddyzither

Hello

I'm sure this has been covered many times but I've recently acquired a Beatstep Pro with which I'm trying to control a Volca Beat via MIDI.
I've assigned the pads to the sounds via Midi Control Center and the MIDI channel is correct.

The problem is that when I press 'start' on the BSP, the Volca plays the pattern it is currently displaying + whatever I have programmed into the BSP.
If I press 'stop' on the Volca, I just hear the pattern in the BSP.

Does anyone know how to fix this - it's irritiating. I'm sure it's just a set up thing. I've factory reset both devices.

Thanks

John
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:50:44 pm by buddyzither »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Volca Beats plays internal patterns + Beatstep programming
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 01:46:37 am »
Turn off auto clock on the Volca.  Press Function as you power on the Beats, one of the steps sets the clock source to either internal or auto, I can't remember which one, but the manual remembers (and never forgets) all the little box's functions and how to set them, so give that a read.
Running on internal clock means the VBeats will not respond to start/stop messages so won't start every time you press play on your BSP.
If you are going to use your VBeats as a drum bank, the BSP is perfect for that.  You can assign the dials in Control Mode to control the parameters on the VBeats and only have to touch one machine to send sequences and live tweaks to your VBeats.  You can't run Active Step and Stutter modes, but the BSP's Roller is enough fun to make up for not being able to destroy the timing of the VBeats natively.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

buddyzither

Re: Volca Beats plays internal patterns + Beatstep programming
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 02:38:48 pm »
Now works brilliantly.

Thank you so much!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines