March 28, 2024, 02:01:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Firmware or Keystep MKII  (Read 2952 times)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
New Firmware or Keystep MKII
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:14:34 am »
New Firmware or Keystep MKII.

You have upgraded all the other major hardware you produce, how about the Keystep?  You sent me an email asking if I'd like a Keystep 2 which I said "YES!" to.  What happened after that?  Failing that, can we get the promised firmware update soon pls?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Fabian Reuter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New Firmware or Keystep MKII
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 06:07:06 pm »
Yes,
Also waiting for a firmware update badly!

westofben

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:37:27 am »
Hear Hear! Also some of these features we've been requesting would be nice. Basically I am using the KeyStep to help write songs/arps and sequences, but when it comes to the crunch I have been forced to use another solution.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 06:39:29 am »
If we do get a Keystep Pro/MkII, can it have more flashing lights in different colours?  A line of 64 led's to indicate which step the sequencer is currently on would rule.  Or even 16 variable colour led's that change colour for each line multiple of 16 it is on.
Also three different colours for the light that indicates the octave the Keystep 'board is in.  They need to flash while the sequencer/arpeggiator is stopped too.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

fenin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:42 pm »
i dont want to buy another hardware. (aka MK II or else)

i just want the one i bought work properly/
the company takes care about updates /suggestions..
keep on dubbin

rick1973

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 03:39:13 pm »
Hi,
I'm just new here :)

I'm an entry level music player and I'm quite intersted in Keystep for some of its cool  useful features but:

- I would avoy to buy it if a new model (MKII?) should be shortly released (but I haven't seen anything in NAMM 2019 news yet so maybe no new products ore on the way)
- as you're discussing, its firmware is not updated since 2016... well it looks like a lack of support and it scares me a little

I would use it mainly as a midi keyboard with my daw, any comment, suggestion or tip would be appreciated thanks :)

redon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:04:52 pm »
3 years almost no support.
PLEASE LISTEN TO US.
we need improvements on this capable machine!
YOU HAVE PLENTY OF REASONABLE SUGGESTIONS FOR THE SOFTWARE PART
frustration
allez, les gars, on en a besoin!

CH7

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 01:56:20 am »
1+

I too would like to see a pity firmware release... how about it Arturia?

A basic feature request which recognises the wide variety of people who buys your products.
there should be a way to transpose the keyboard for control of other devices or daws.

This way i could play in C on the keystep and have it transpose to B# 

All the other boring controllers allow some form of note transpose, so why not the keystep?
All you need is a 'mode' selection sequence, with the keyboard used to select the note you
want to transpose C to.  If C is selected then it resets the keyboard to normal.

The alternative is to release the source code for the community to implement the new features.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines