March 28, 2024, 08:48:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control effects send on all synths to get a clean signal if you want/need.  (Read 3623 times)

nykwil

• Apprentice
Some of the synths don't have knobs for the effects wet/dry. I feel like that should be a a standard for every synth, like it's good to play a synth with some reverb on it but unless I can get a clean signal I can't really use it. Unless I'm missing something.  E.g. Matrix-12.

If I'm missing hidden parameters somewhere I'll feel stupid.

LBH

Please keep in mind, that you can have all the parameters from all the synths that Analog Lab can host avaible in one way or another, if you own the full version of the synths. The full applications cost much more. Only a certain number of parameters is availble in Analog Lab, unless you have the full application.
For example Matrix have 6 effects avaible for 2 slots, One can ask, which parameters should be left out instead of wet/ dry for the FXs?

Also keep in mind that all the applications in V-Collection are different from each other.

nykwil

• Apprentice
I'm thinking specifically the reverb/delay type effects that sit at the end of the signal. The main reason being is that a lot of producers can't really use a synth that has a built in reverb that you can't adjusted. So that makes a percentage of the presets unusable. It's just a bummer going through sounds finding one you like recording something and then finding out that it's reverb doesn't fit your mix.  I know I can filter out all those synths, or buy the ones that don't let you adjust reverb.

gphantom

I believe you can add reverb in your DAW (if it's supported.)  For example, in Ableton, you can chain a reverb module after the sound from the AL3 sound bank (I think.)  I also believe you can chain an arpegiator and other filters to modify the sound.

nykwil

• Apprentice
That's the idea.  You have reverb in your DAW that's designed for your mix, and you don't want to add reverb to reverb.  So in a way I don't actually want the ability to tweak it, I justwant the ability to turn it off so I can add my own.

LBH

I understand your wish. It's legit. Just like the wishes some have to have more control over sequencers and other parameters without owning the full applications. Who would'nt have it all for nothing? I would'nt mind. The problem is if you ever will get it having only Analog Lab - at least in a reasonable time?
Don't get me wrong. It's not that i'm against possibilities.

Arturias applications work in different ways. They don't just have a single seriel FX chain with a reverb at the end, like you seem to think.
I suggest you try out the full applications and look in the manuals to find out how they actually work.
Things might not be as simple and cheap to do as you think.

BTW. You call Analog Lab a synth.
Please keep in mind that Analog Lab is'nt a synth as such. This is from the product site https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/details :
"Analog Lab is your all-in-one sound bank solution for every playing situation.

When composing, Analog Lab gives you quick access to the inspirational mainstay instruments and tones that keep you in the creative flow. When recording, you’ll quickly find track-ready instruments that can be easily tweaked in Analog Lab or take you right into the full V Collection instruments you also own for total sound design. When gigging, you’ll step through all the decades of sounds you need right at the touch of a button or pedal."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:35:52 pm by LBH »

gphantom

There are many who don't know what Analog Lab really is.  It's a "playback" machine like a jukebox.

The actual sound banks are created from a stand-alone synthesizer like the Matrix 12 and the settings that are used to create that sound are saved to be used by Analog Lab.

Some of the settings can be mapped to the knobs and sliders on your midi controller but with all the available settings, buttons, sliders, patch cords and knobs on each individual stand-alone synth, it's impossible to assign them all to the few controls on a midi device so, the author of those settings have decided to map the ones he thinks would be the most popular to be controlled by Analog Lab.

As an example, I also have the Moog Modular V synth and, a sound in AL that was produced by the modular V can be edited.  If there's something I think can be tweeked, I click on the pencil (which shows up IF you have the actual synth) and the actual synth pops up, I then make adjustments as needed, then save it as a different sound bank.  The synth goes away and Analog Lab now has a new sound bank.

If you're only interested in the sound from a specific synthesizer in AL3 and you would like to adjust it, you can get the actual synth, install it, edit the sound (the one you want, like the reverb,) kill the reverb, save the new setting and presto, you have the sound you like.  But, you do need to buy the actual synth that created the sound in the first place.

I don't know if the trial version will work as well or whether all synths available have trial versions but, you can look around and check it out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines