March 29, 2024, 12:07:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Plugins not showing in Studio One 4  (Read 6929 times)

Volta

• Apprentice
Plugins not showing in Studio One 4
« on: July 23, 2018, 01:29:59 am »
Hi

I have just bought and installed V collection 6. But none of the vst 2 plugins will show up in my daw, Studio One 4.
I have tried rescanning and checking that the plugins are in the correct folder etc, but nothing makes them show up in S1.
Please help if anyone knows how to solve this.
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

Re: Plugins not showing in Studio One 4
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:50:02 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Does your VST3 plug-ins show up?
If so, then keep in mind, that Arturias VST2 and VST3 plug-ins share the same ID, and in such cases Studio One give VST3 priority.
That mean you can't have both the VST2 and VST3 versions availble in Studio One at the same time. You have to either cut the path to VST3s in Studio One, to remove the VST3 versions from the VST3 folder or not install the VST3 versions, if you wan't the VST2 versions to show up.

I use Studio One 3. I guess it's the same in Studio One 4, but i don't know if Presonus have made it possible to see both versions, and if so there should be an option in Studio One 4s  plug-in browser to select an option to do this. I doubt they have added this option, but please report back if they have.

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 02:58:03 am »
Hi

And thanks for replying.
Yes, the VST3 shows up and i might as well use them and forget about the 2.4
But i did a test and tried to load all 21 instruments into a song project, but after around 13 instruments i couldnt add any more. No response when dragging the plugin overto a track.
I thought maybe some bug with the VST3 plugin was causing the issue so i wanted to try the VST2 versions. So the question now is there some kind of limit to have many V collection instruments i can have in a song?
I know i probably wont use all instruments in a song, but i wanted to make a premade song template with all instr. loaded instead of dragging over plugins each time i wanna use them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:59:43 am by Volta »
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:13:35 am »
Youer welcome.

I can imagine this FLS (Fiber Local Storage) limitation has to do with the plugin limitation you are experiencing, if you are on Windows: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92788.0
But I can't tell for sure. You can try to use a FLS checker to find out.

EDIT: Beside that, then keep CPU consumption in mind in Studio One. I don't think it's a good idea to load to much in a template, if you don't need to. Sometimes  it can be needed to convert an instrument track to audio and such. EDIT END
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:18:18 am by LBH »

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 03:54:20 am »
Hm. Never heard of FLS before. Ive had over 50 instances of Kontakt 5 without any problems so i wasnt aware about any plugin limitations except for cpu and memory usage offcourse.
Ill check the link and learn something new.

One other issue i was having with the Piano plugins was that the sustain pedal acts weird. Studio One receives sustain pedal midi 64, Piano V2 recognices the sustain pedal, when pressed down i can see in the plugin window that its being pressed down. But the message it is receiving is only 0.5, so its not actually doing anything. No sustain, it should be 1.
0 is not pressed down and 1 is pressed right? So the value 0.5 dont do anything. But with the V synth instruments sustain pedal is working as expected  ???

MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 01:16:37 pm »
Please create new topic in the relevant forums for different issues.

I don't have the sustain pedal issue you mention. My pedal show the value 1. Keep in mind i use Studio One 3. If other applications show the value 1 for the same pedal and correct CC, then i can't tell what's wrong. If your pedal allways output the value 0.5, then it look like a hardware pedal setting.

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 05:37:17 pm »
Sure. Its nothing to do with the plugins, its my midi controller/keyboard.
Thanks for helping out with a quick response. 
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 06:40:37 pm »
Your welcome.

EDIT: The pedal issue could also have been a Studio One 4 issue if the value was 0.5 for any application from any vendor. EDIT END
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:41:39 pm by LBH »

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 11:50:40 pm »
The stand alone Piano V2 also receives the same 0.5 message so its not Studio One.
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 12:54:59 am »
The stand alone Piano V2 also receives the same 0.5 message so its not Studio One.
Yes - but did'nt you say it was your hardware that was set to send out that 0.5 value?

Sure. Its nothing to do with the plugins, its my midi controller/keyboard.
Thanks for helping out with a quick response. 

Volta

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 07:50:36 am »
If the same 0.5 value is being sent to both studio one and plugin standalone version i believe its my controller yes.
At the moment im using a SUB 37 which outputs a sustain message via the kb gate input.
Tbh im not sure if sending out a 0.5 message is a normal behaviour or if this has to do with a calibration i recently did.
I had to do some parameter calibration after changing the filter cutoff board. After all a 0.5 message is working with most synths,
so maybe its just the way its suppose to be. But i hope i can adjust or calibrate it in some way so its able to send a 1 message so it can work on Piano V2 as well.
I have to wait for reply from moog support, hopefully they have an answer.
MacBook Pro M1 Ventura
Studio One 6

LBH

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:43:37 pm »
I don't know about subfatty. I think it does'nt have a dedicated sustain pedal input, but a cv gate.
I can't tell why it work with some applications but not with others though, if that's the case. But a value of 0.5 is just in the middle where a on/ off switch change from one stage to another.
I hope you can change a setting. Or perhaps Arturia can lower the needed value. Perhaps a value of 0.51 or more is needed as it is now. But i would say it's better if the value your pedal output is much more. But i'm not a technician, so i can't tell for sure.
Hope Moog can help you with this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines