March 28, 2024, 05:30:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: To Change Tempo of Sequences  (Read 7138 times)

Andrew McIntosh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
To Change Tempo of Sequences
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:25:01 am »
It seems to me that if playing AL3 as a standalone with Minilab isn't able to slow or speed up the tempos of sequences, nothing can. If I'm missing something, please do tell me. If not, perhaps some ability to change the tempos could be considered for next time.

gphantom

Re: To Change Tempo of Sequences
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 06:06:53 pm »
If I understand your problem correctly, AL3 has recorded the specifications for that particular instrument/sound etc.  The only way to change the tempo is to have access to the instrument itself (using the V collection or the stand alone instrument) then, you can edit the sound/tempo etc then save it as another sound.
It's like having a music CD.  The only way to edit it is to have the master with all the individual instrument tracks and re-mix the song.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:44:09 am »
I think the OP mean an adjustable main clock that also can be used for standalone usage to MIDI tempo sync.
In a DAW the sequences that is MIDI tempo synced adjust to the set DAW tempo. You can't set the main MIDI clock tempo in Arturias standalone applications themself as they are. A main MIDI clock will only be useful for MIDI tempo synced presets. But yes a MIDI tempo setting when in standalone mode can be useful.

I don't know if this will help. But my keyboard controller can be used to set the MIDI clock tempo, when i use standalone applications. Perhaps you have acontroller that can do the same.

Perhaps there is a MIDI Clock generator application availble on the web. But i don't if they can be used and do the job.

Andrew McIntosh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 04:52:11 am »
Thank you for your replies. Looks like adjusting the tempo on sequences just isn't possible for now.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:09 pm »
Looks like adjusting the tempo on sequences just isn't possible for now.
Not for MIDI tempo synced presets, if you does'nt have the possibilities i mention. There are possibilities. There are also free DAWs or plug-in hosts you can use i think, if you does'nt have to use the standalone.

Not many instrument applications from any vendor have a build in MIDI clock. Many does'nt even come as standalone.

But a MIDI clock inside the standalones could in some situations be a handy feature to have.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:41:52 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines