April 20, 2024, 12:32:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Coll 6 Vst2 plugins - larger than life gui and no way t resize  (Read 2265 times)

lanoia

Hi guys,

the vst2 plugins are oversized. the size can not be reduced, because only a part of the plugin can be seen.
vst3 plugins and standalone work. for cubase and sonar ok, but machine and ableton dont work with vst3

any idee how to solve the problem

win10, nvidea card, resolution is 1920x1080 on both monitors. no problems with other vsts

thanks in advance
Ka

LBH

You should be able to resize thru the menu in the Arturia applications at thr top left where the logo and the name of the application is. Please refer to the manuals.

wkujater

Re: Arturia Coll 6 Vst2 plugins - larger than life gui and no way t resize
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:13 pm »
I also am having this problem. And there is no menu in the upper left hand corner. Missing the top bar that I am used to - where you can switch patches etc - it is completely missing.
I will try to attach a screenshot. Standalone is fine. But in Ableton Live there is no menu, so no resize, no switching patches etc. This only started after latest upgrade to the V-collection.

Windows 10, Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

wkujater

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 04:33:40 pm »
This seems to have resolved itself after I did the following:
The updates installed the VST dlls into the root of my VST folder. I like to have them in an Arturia subfolder. So when i had the "large and non-resizable" issue, i had 2 copies of each dll - one older, 1 newer. I cleaned these up by moving the newer ones into the subfolder and replacing the older versions. Now in Ableton Live i can finally see the menu and can resize the VST accordingly.
Another possibility: before trying in Live again today, i opened both VST2 and VST3 versions of a few of these in Reaper - which opened both of them fine. Maybe that reset whatever was wrong? Or maybe the VST copies cleanup.

Either way - resolved.

benjaminfrog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 03:03:52 am »
Is it possible to set the default size, so we don't have to be resizing them every time we load a plugin? Not a showstopper, but pretty annoying.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 12:43:21 pm »
Is it possible to set the default size, so we don't have to be resizing them every time we load a plugin?
The size you set is saved in a setting file, and will be the size you'll have, when you open the application again. So the last set size is the current default size/ setting. Plugin and standalone use the same setting.
Is'nt that the case for you?

I use Windows 10.

EDIT: Just in case: There is'nt a common size for all the applications in the V-Collection.  That would make me have to change size all the time, depending on which application i use. EDIT END
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:33:58 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines