April 20, 2024, 01:19:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Just Purchased a Minibrute 2! Questions about patching, etc  (Read 3314 times)

Van der Waal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I also own a microbrute (which I love!) and I was very excited to get my hands on the Minibrute 2 when I saw the patchbay! I'm going to be busy with this thing for a long time to come - I have a few questions:

The microbrute had a key follow knob that softened the envelope and made higher notes ring out less.  I know that there's an att1 knob sort of in its place and I was wondering if there's a way to patch a key follow effect in?

With the microbrute, I used to be able to turn the LFO all the way up, patch the LFO to pitch and still play the notes with a sort of ring modulation/FM effect.  There appears to be multiple ways to do this on the minibrute (FM and Linear FM and one of the attenuators).  It appears patching the LFO to pitch completely removes it from the keyboard or sequencer - Confirm?

I'm a little shady on what the difference is between AM and AMP in the amplifier section.  Please help!

There are some parameters that still have an unpatched routing that is maintained even when the output of that parameter is patched to some other destination.  Is there a list of those?

Please help!  I've just started messing around with this thing and I can tell it's going to keep me busy for a long time... I also still feel like I'll be keeping the Microbrute because it's definitely it's own instrument and not just a lame minibrute

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Just Purchased a Minibrute 2! Questions about patching, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 02:08:00 pm »
Hi Van der Waal,

To have some keyfollow applied on your cutoff simply patch KBD out in FILTER FM.

About the connection : yes each time you connect something in the patch bay default connection is switched off. Default connection are in blue on the patch bay.

There's 2 connectors on the VCA AM and AMP because one has it's default connection the AD and the other on Att1.
This way when you connect a jack into one of these inputs you can switch off AD or Att1.

I know this is not very sexy but I suggest you to read the manual. There's a lot to learn in it !
.......testing.......

Van der Waal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 04:27:42 pm »
Thanks for the response.  The manual isnt always super clear. 

It seems a little more complicated than simply patching KBD out to filter FM.  Doing that alone would break the connection to the ADSR which i would still want.  I could be doing too much but I had to do the following to make sense of it...

Invert KBD,
Route to Att 1
Send to the VCA mixer to combine with ADSR; and
Route the output to FM

Even though KBD out went somewhere else, it still seems to play VCO 1 and 2 so patching that one at least doesn't seem to break the connection. 

Thanks for responding

Moho

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:15 am »
For keyboard tracking I just connect KBD to ATT1 and adjust the knob to taste. (though this still includes pressure)
For just pure tracking connect KBD to ATT1 then ATT1 out to filter cutoff.
IIRC about the 2 o clock position gives 100% tracking so you can play the filter, though this maybe dependent on octave.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines