March 28, 2024, 11:43:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncing with Cubase  (Read 3492 times)

theskinflutes

Syncing with Cubase
« on: July 18, 2018, 05:06:02 pm »
Hi

I just want to record a sequence from minibrute2s to Cubase, but when i choose an external sync (USB, midi, etc), once I press play on the sequencer, it stucks on a blinking light and doesn't start.
Wich setting i have to change to make it work?

Thanks

Moho

• Apprentice
Re: Syncing with Cubase
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:26:17 pm »
The blinking light means its waiting for cubase to send a signal to start.
How do you have it connected to cubase, USB, Midi?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 01:20:13 pm »
Hi,
If you just want to record the midi coming from your MBII  no need to set your device as a Midi Clock slave.
In your case you must only record midi coming from the MBII into cubase.
.......testing.......

erlsfield78

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 11:15:37 pm »
There are two things you need to do.
First, you decide whether you want to create External Instrument under your vst connections, and then open hardware synth like vst plugin. I do this more often than creating midi and audio track, which is your second option.
Having set MB as external instrument, you will enter midi data into track. How to do it?
First, make sure that in midi connections your device is connected to appropriate chanel, sending in/out midi.
Second, click sync tab on your transport panel - CMD plus click - it will open sync menu. If you are using usb, you will see “Minibrute 2s midi out” in midi clock panel - tick it! On MB, set Sync from internal to usb (or Midi, if your connection is not usb) - mb must not be in play mode when switching sync. This will place MB in slave mode to Cubase, listening to its Midi Clock, which also overrides tempo on mb - it will be the tempo set in Cb project. As soon as you press play or record in Cubase, MB will send sequence to QB in form of midi data. Bear in mind that beside notes you can send all kind of midi data AND this includes knobs on MB, vis CC commands. For this you need setting Midi CC from Arturia. However even without setting, your mb will send midi data to your instrument (or MIDI) track.
When you finish your fancy automation on knobs, render in place, so you convert it into audio - CB will record your clip in real time.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:21:38 pm by erlsfield78 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines