April 19, 2024, 05:18:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: When I press Record BSP ruins PreenFM synth patch!  (Read 1269 times)

CV_Wonder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When I press Record BSP ruins PreenFM synth patch!
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:28:30 am »
Hello,
I'm guessing this is a pretty simple problem but I don't have much BSP experience and I can't figure out why the Record button
would send CC data to a synth I have hooked up via midi. It totally renders the patch unrecognizable and/or send it into the highest note registers! Any ideas on this?

thank you

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: When I press Record BSP ruins PreenFM synth patch!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:47:12 am »
IN Midi Control Centre, set the transport controls to send CC122 when press, all of them.  That is the CC for turning off omni mode, something you generally don't want on as it sets a device to respond to all channels received.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

CV_Wonder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 07:25:47 am »
IN Midi Control Centre, set the transport controls to send CC122 when press, all of them.  That is the CC for turning off omni mode, something you generally don't want on as it sets a device to respond to all channels received.

Thanks! Ok since you seem to be excellent at MIDI. Do you know why the BSP would no be transmitting or being picked up by my Volca Sample? It sends start/stop cc plus tempo but when I try to sequence it either using the RK-002 cable or just a regular MIDI cable using Channels 1-10 there is nothing triggered!

Best

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 12:13:28 pm »

Thanks! Ok since you seem to be excellent at MIDI. Do you know why the BSP would no be transmitting or being picked up by my Volca Sample? It sends start/stop cc plus tempo but when I try to sequence it either using the RK-002 cable or just a regular MIDI cable using Channels 1-10 there is nothing triggered!

Best

Hey, cheer for the complement and sorry about the delay replying, I've been rather ill.

I'm a bit of a Korg fan, but only have the percussive Volca's so am not familiar with the weirdness of the VSample.  Only thing I can suggest is to make sure the BSP and the VSample are on the same MIDI channel.  The VSample will receive and react to global MIDI data such as Real Time Messages (tempo/start/stop) if on a different channel, but not notes on any channel other than the one it's on.
Now that's the regular way MIDI instruments work, but these Volcas are not regular.  My VBeats loses the plot if it receives more than three channels of MIDI at once so I run it on a filtered route.  I hear the VSample is even more mental with it's External MIDI implementation.

Try going over to the Korg user forum and asking there.  There are lots of owners there who are all over the Volcas.  I'm sure someone there will have the solution.  http://www.korgoforums.com
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines