March 29, 2024, 01:18:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab88 - Sustain and Aux Ports - Just on/off?  (Read 2095 times)

mruivo

KeyLab88 - Sustain and Aux Ports - Just on/off?
« on: July 06, 2018, 06:24:32 pm »
Hey Friends,

The Sustain Pedal and Aux ports send on/off midi messages by default. Is there the possibility of programming them to send a range of values instead if used with an expression pedal?

The use case here is that I'd like to purchase a continuous/analogue sustain pedal and use it with a compatible Piano module so that I can play with half-pedaling.

If not, I suppose I can use the expression pedal port instead.

Thank you!

Néstor

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab88 - Sustain and Aux Ports - Just on/off?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »
Hey, mruvio:

I own the '88 too, and have the same question... Given the fact that the Piano V does accept continuous data for the sustain pedal (and this is important to a realistic piano performance), I think that the Sustain input should accept this kind of data.

By the moment, my solution is to use my sustain pedal (that sends continuous data, not only on/off) connected at the Expression Pedal in as you say, but It leaves me without an expressions pedal for other uses...
Be care with it: if you have a continuous pedal, and plug it into the Sustain port, maybe you have to invert the max and min (I had to)!!

If someone knows another solution, I'll be happy to read about it!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines