April 19, 2024, 09:28:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ladder Filter Drive  (Read 1151 times)

SentientMachine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ladder Filter Drive
« on: July 01, 2018, 05:35:26 am »
Hi,

So I'm a proud new Matrixbrute owner, but one thing I've noticed is that the Ladder Filter's Drive knob is incredibly subtle compared to the Steiner Parker filter's drive. So much so that I wasn't sure if my LF Drive knob was even working. It is shaping the sound very slightly with higher resonance and in bandpass filter modes (and seems to only really start being noticeable once Brute Factor is introduced). In Lowpass 24dB mode with a single Sawtooth oscillator at 12 o'clock and it's mixer settings at 12 o'clock, the Steiner Parker filter's drive gives you a noticeable gain change... however the LF Drive with the same filter settings audibly does nothing.  It's only when I fully crank the oscillator/mixer level into the Ladder Filter that the drive applies a small change in timbre.

Is this really its intended design use? If I'm missing something than someone please tell me, but I'm hoping how the Drive works can be changed in a Firmware update somehow.  Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity based on how all the other knobs respond.

Lunatic Sound

Re: Ladder Filter Drive
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 12:08:45 pm »
In case this question still rfemains, I think you should play around a bit more with different Waveforms coming out of the VCOs, as the overtone content has a big effect on how the Filters act. The Steinre does drive somewhat dirtier, but I do use the Ladder drive nonetheless.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines