April 18, 2024, 12:50:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Setting up Midi channels forAnalog Lab3 as a VST in Cubase  (Read 3057 times)

sufan8888

Setting up Midi channels forAnalog Lab3 as a VST in Cubase
« on: June 27, 2018, 08:21:58 am »
Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to computer music production.

I am using Analog Lab3 as a VST with my Cubase. I would like to use the 16 MIDI channels to access 16 different samples in Analog Lab instead of open Analog Lab 16 times...

I have searched the forum but got nothing.

Can anyone pls tell me the steps of properly setting up midi channels for Analog Lab in Cubase. THX!!!!

LBH

Re: Setting up Midi channels forAnalog Lab3 as a VST in Cubase
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:20:53 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Not many plug-ins out there is multitimbral to that degree.

When you use the word "samples", i assume you mean presets.

If what you wan't should make sense, then Analog Lab should be able to play up to 16 layered or split multi presets at the same time, when playing on 16 Midi channels. That's not possible.

In Analog Lab 3 you basicly have one preset that consist the settings from one of V-Collection 6 applications. Then you can combine two of those presets in a Multi preset. A multi preset can be a layered sound or a split sound. The two sounds in a multi preset can have seperate MIDI channels. You can say Analog Lab is 2 channel multitimbral, but only when using multi presets. The different V-Collection 6 applications can add their own functionality to this.

I suggest you read the manual. You can download the manual here: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

FYI: For future reference. This is an old Analog Laboratory forum. It's not the same as Analog Lab. There is a Analog Lab 3 forum.

sufan8888

Re: Setting up Midi channels forAnalog Lab3 as a VST in Cubase
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:25 am »
Thank you very much LBH.

I'll try as you suggest here.

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Not many plug-ins out there is multitimbral to that degree.

When you use the word "samples", i assume you mean presets.

If what you wan't should make sense, then Analog Lab should be able to play up to 16 layered or split multi presets at the same time, when playing on 16 Midi channels. That's not possible.

In Analog Lab 3 you basicly have one preset that consist the settings from one of V-Collection 6 applications. Then you can combine two of those presets in a Multi preset. A multi preset can be a layered sound or a split sound. The two sounds in a multi preset can have seperate MIDI channels. You can say Analog Lab is 2 channel multitimbral, but only when using multi presets. The different V-Collection 6 applications can add their own functionality to this.

I suggest you read the manual. You can download the manual here: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

FYI: For future reference. This is an old Analog Laboratory forum. It's not the same as Analog Lab. There is a Analog Lab 3 forum.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines