March 29, 2024, 02:59:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: who has recreated this patch from V2???  (Read 4492 times)

steve79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
who has recreated this patch from V2???
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:05:13 pm »
The patch name was "Notch Seq1" I wasn't able to recreate this exacltly and I strong need it!! anyone who has a solution??

LBH

Re: who has recreated this patch from V2???
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 09:05:42 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

That preset was'nt a V2 factory preset. Do you have both ARP 2600 V2 and V3 installed and the preset you wan't from V2 too? If so, then have you tried to download the preset updater/ converter from Arturias download page, and tried to convert it for V3?
Also you can just make a manual copy. But you need both versions of ARP 2600 to do so.

steve79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 09:37:44 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

That preset was'nt a V2 factory preset. Do you have both ARP 2600 V2 and V3 installed and the preset you wan't from V2 too? If so, then have you tried to download the preset updater/ converter from Arturias download page, and tried to convert it for V3?
Also you can just make a manual copy. But you need both versions of ARP 2600 to do so.

I tried to recreate a manual
Copy but it sound slightly different....probably I miss some
Cables.....the new V3 Arp where I need this patch is on another Hdd....I tried also the converter downloaded
From the website but I don’t understand how it exacltly works if presets are on another hdd and another newer system

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 10:00:59 pm »
I would believe the presets is on the same drive as they by default are installed to be in the hidden folder ProgramData. At least if you use Windows. I don't think you can have the presets thats availble in your applications in other folders than the default folders.
Why don't you try and run the preset updater/converter?

I presume your V2 is a V-Collection 4 version.

I can't tell if this  preset will sound a a little different when converted.  Perhaps it sound  the same.

steve79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 10:13:00 pm »
I would believe the presets is on the same drive as they by default are installed to be in the hidden folder ProgramData. At least if you use Windows. I don't think you can have the presets thats availble in your applications in other folders than the default folders.
Why don't you try and run the preset updater/converter?

I presume your V2 is a V-Collection 4 version.

I can't tell if this  preset will sound a a little different when converted.  Perhaps it sound  the same.

Yes that preset is from a v4 collection. But it’s installed on anlther drive with an older version and....no I don’t use windows! I
Download the preset updater but I can’t make
It work!!! I don’t
Know how to make the older presets visible
From the patch updater

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 12:06:49 am »
Don't you have the presets on this path: OSX: /Library/Arturia/Presets ? You should.

I hope it's okay i this time post a single converted preset for you. I attach it to this post. But i suggest you find out to use the preset updater/ converter in some way or another. As said, then you can just install normally on the same computer, then it should work. I will not break any copyrights. Arturia please delete this preset from the post, if it's not okay. It was a free preset by kl_2005 (Kevin Lamb i think. Have you checked his sequences in ARP 2600 V3?
You should be able to import the attached preset into your ARP 2600 V3. I hope it's the right one. It's only updated/ converted. Can't tell if it's excactly like the old.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:20:40 am by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 01:53:22 am »
I actually also found a factory preset by that name by Kevin Lamb.
I attach it to this post.
Keep in mind that you can only convert user presets with the preset updater/ converter. That mean you have to re-save factory presets first using "Save As".

steve79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 08:43:29 am »
I actually also found a factory preset by that name by Kevin Lamb.
I attach it to this post.
Keep in mind that you can only convert user presets with the preset updater/ converter. That mean you have to re-save factory presets first using "Save As".

Thank you very much! but I need also a patch from CS80 V2 that is called "Morph sqc" I tried to export it and copy to the other hdd with Sierra and new V5 collection....then I run the preset updater but it found anything to convert...no drag and drop allowed....I can't figure how it should be work!!

LBH

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 04:42:37 pm »
The CS80 preset you mentioned is a factory preset in CS-80 V3 too. It's named "Morph SQC".

You can't update/ convert exported soundbanks with the Preset updater/ converter. Only presets availble inside a V-Collection 4 application can be can be converted.
More info here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/vc5presetupdater/preset-converter-general-questions

steve79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »
The CS80 preset you mentioned is a factory preset in CS-80 V3 too. It's named "Morph SQC".

You can't update/ convert exported soundbanks with the Preset updater/ converter. Only presets availble inside a V-Collection 4 application can be can be converted.
More info here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/vc5presetupdater/preset-converter-general-questions

Thank you!! I saw it.... infact I have installed v5 preset updater on the old system and it works! Presets now work on V3 plug ins but.....the V3 installed on the new system don’t recognize V3 presets exported by the V3 plugs installed in the older system....finally I recreate them manually!! It costs 3 hours...so annoying...I don’t understand why If I export a user preset t on a V3 Arp 64bit on Maveriks Os then that preset is not recognized by a V3 Arp 64bit plugin installed in Os Sierra!!!!

LBH

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 04:56:30 pm »
Arturia got a new preset system including a preset browser between V-Collection 4 and 5. The old preset formats does'nt work in the new much improved preset system.

You can use the preset updater the way i have suggested, and that you can read about in the FAQ link i posted.

It's very simple. You just need to have both the old and the new presets installed. Not an exported bank but the actual presets located on that path i have posted for you.
If you have external exported banks, then they need to be imported in the old applications before you use the preset updater.
And as said, then it's only preset saved by you (not exported), that you can update with the preset updater.

After you have udated the presets, then you can uninstall the old applications again, if you wish. I have kept my old applications installed alongside the new.

steve79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 06:34:04 pm »
Arturia got a new preset system including a preset browser between V-Collection 4 and 5. The old preset formats does'nt work in the new much improved preset system.

You can use the preset updater the way i have suggested, and that you can read about in the FAQ link i posted.

It's very simple. You just need to have both the old and the new presets installed. Not an exported bank but the actual presets located on that path i have posted for you.
If you have external exported banks, then they need to be imported in the old applications before you use the preset updater.
And as said, then it's only preset saved by you (not exported), that you can update with the preset updater.

After you have udated the presets, then you can uninstall the old applications again, if you wish. I have kept my old applications installed alongside the new.
Now I understand! Perfectly clear....thank tou so much!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines