April 16, 2024, 11:52:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Patch Changing and Analog Lab 3  (Read 1622 times)

SamGreenBass

Ableton Patch Changing and Analog Lab 3
« on: June 24, 2018, 06:06:00 pm »
I saw this video and thought that this way of changing patches was an excellent idea. It's elegant, the instrument trails off nicely when switching, it's not clumsy or awkward... and it works!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKSaUs6FFA&ab_channel=AaronOtt

However, Analog Lab 3 refuses to co-operate.

I have attached a picture to demonstrate what I'm trying to achieve. Basically, I want to use MIDI Clips to trigger patch changes, and I want to use the Instrument Rack Chain Selector to indicate which patch to use.

Kontakt Player (the orange coloured tracks) works perfectly fine with this method and is very responsive and smooth. Whenever a Clip on the "Kontakt Ctrl" track is triggered, the patch changes! Analog Lab 3 is not even listed as a MIDI routing target, so the only way to change banks and patches is through the Clip Notes Box (with the Bank and Program corresponding to the Playlist and Patch within Analog Lab).

Using the Notes Box is very awkward, and sometimes doesn't respond at all. When switching from one patch to another, sometimes the sound gets cut off entirely and does not make noise when I play a key on my controller, which is unacceptable in a gig situation. I have set up the playlists and patches correctly. Also, there is no way to turn the sound off once the clip is played. The only way I have figured out how to stop it is to create a playlist with a patch that has the volume control turned all the way down...  :o

I am posting to the Arturia forums because this is clearly an Arturia problem, not an Ableton problem. As demonstrated in the video, this method can be used with multiple plugin manufacturers (Kontakt, Omnisphere), but not Analog Lab for some reason. I have also tried to use Piano V and Piano V2, and neither of them work in this way either (they are also absent from the routing menu in the External Instrument Rack).

Please! How do I get this to work?!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:17:37 pm by SamGreenBass »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines