March 29, 2024, 12:25:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro not sending the correct pitch CV  (Read 8577 times)

YESMAN

Re: Beatstep Pro not sending the correct pitch CV
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »
    I just went through a similar situation with my set-up. I've a MB 2S & BSP. I am using Distings as precision adders on the outs from each and offsetting the CV as needed by the various vcos I have some need -2v, some -3v. This way I have the transpose range on the instruments and the vcos are tuned in their mid-range. I'll probably get some Doepher A-185-2s, so I can free up the Distings. I don't see any of this as a defect this is just what it takes to interface various designs. Precision Adders are great for this and offer proper low impedance outs (or should, always check the specs) which also helps with vco intonation.

killkrt

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 12:56:50 pm »
It is such a waste to use a Disting (I have two of them, they're great!) to just offset a CV.

I can see that there too many standards and it is difficult to mange all of them, but it would have been great if Arturia provided CV with customisable and reasonable (e.g.: +/-5V, 0-10V, 0-8V) ranges.
I'm not a electronic geek, but I guess that is not so expensive, especially when you have already some nice CPU available on the board that can compute in realtime functions like precision adder with attenuator (that means a*x+offset).

I think most of the people would spend 10$ more to have this functionality natively available instead of wasting a precious Disting, Shade, Maths or to be forced to buy a new precision adder (that means more money and also HPs occupied).

I think BSP is a great piece of gear, but I found this limitation (or design decision) really frustrating!

YESMAN

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 04:25:41 pm »
Yeah, agreed,  I have 3 Distings and would like them not to be tied to a specific function, that's why I'll be getting the Doephers, but a PA is more than just an offset, I'm mixing CVs that will maintain their 1V/Oct scaling and have buffered low impedance outs, so tracking is very good. (as long as the source CV and VCOs are cal'd). For me the HP usage is acceptable to be able to set-up a known accurate & flexible pitch CV system. Then it's on to making music.
     B-

freddref

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 03:53:41 pm »
Hi there,
I just got my BSP. In the MCC the 0 volt is set to C-2 but in the real world with my voltmeter the CV is 2 volt. I have a moog Source playing via CV 2 octaves too high... how could be the Cv set to 0V for C-2 ?
Thanks

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 08:52:37 pm »
Hi did you try transpose down 2 octaves to play note c1 on the bsp? as you may be playing c3   
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

freddref

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 11:10:09 pm »
Hi Terry, thanks for your reply... I transposed as low  as I could but the lowest voltage I got is 2volts..on the picture we can't see it but the OCT- pad is blinking 3 times...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:46:30 pm by freddref »

freddref

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2018, 09:57:20 am »
Hi Guys!
Vic-tor is right you have to set up C0 for 0V  in the MMC... I don't understand why but it rocks!!
Thanks!

Mowgli

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:12 pm »
I know this is an old topic but I'm encountering this problem. The MCC resolves nothing.
I have:
 seq 1 0V midi note set to C1
yet the output voltage of C1 (measured with a multimeter) is 1V.
I only get 0V out if seq 1 0V is set to C0.

This is clearly a fault, the settings on MCC do not correspond with reality.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines