March 28, 2024, 10:38:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi tempo sync between DAW and Analogue Lab  (Read 4121 times)

Gary_W

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi tempo sync between DAW and Analogue Lab
« on: June 22, 2018, 09:22:00 am »
Hi,

I’m new here and just got the Keylab Essential 49 yesterday.  Hello :)

I’m very happy with the range of sounds in the Analogue Lab 3 software but I cannot seem to get the sequences to work in time with the tempo in my DAW (Studio One 4).  In other vst and effects, I typically have the ability to set the tempo or sync to the DAW tempo and this is what I want to do.

I know that full editing of each synth is not possible without owning the full products and I have no wish to go that far - I’m primarily a guitarist who enjoys writing and recording....  I wish to improve my (poor) keyboard skills with a range of Analogue sounds so deep editing doesn’t appeal to me.  But midi sync to a daw is not deep editing....  without this, any modulation effects / delays you on multi instruments or the (really great sounding) sequences from the ARP aren’t really any use to me.

Hopefully I am missing something simple?  The manual doesn’t mention tempo sync so any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Gary

LBH

Re: Midi tempo sync between DAW and Analogue Lab
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:23:08 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I'm sorry - but you've got it right.

Tempo sync is dependent on the individual synths settings. That mean you with AL3 have presets that are tempo synced and some that are'nt.

Gary_W

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:39:55 pm »
Thanks for the reply LBH - I appreciate it.

That’s pretty crazy really.  Is there any chance of this changing?

If not, is there any way of telling which are sync’d and which are not?  Or is it a case of auditioning each one and changing DAW tempo to see what happens?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 07:26:18 pm »
Your welcome.

Is there any chance of this changing?
I don't know, and i doubt Arturia will tell. We can hope.

But what is deep editing? There should be a difference between AL3 and V-Collection that justify the price difference at a given time.
A switch to tempo sync is'nt enough, as other parameters in a sound also can depend on the tempo set in a preset. That include delay settings, that in generel need more options when in tempo sync mode.

I agree that in our days, then tempo sync of all parameters should be possible. And that should include many note values and that for many things include at least triplets and syncopated notes. But if all theese options should be in AL3 is as said another matter, as that perhaps means AL should be more exspensive or VC should be cheaper.

Or is it a case of auditioning each one and changing DAW tempo to see what happens?
This. By default there is'nt any sync indicator.  Then you can create an attribute or a bank about this yourself and save the preset as a new preset for future reference.

Gary_W

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 12:00:10 am »
Thanks again LBH - appreciate your help.

Many do seem to be tempo mapped which is good and at least it makes me go through the presets to find out which ones are not :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines