March 28, 2024, 06:35:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 3 resetting preset in Logic Pro X.  (Read 2979 times)

d3llio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud - D3llio
Analog Lab 3 resetting preset in Logic Pro X.
« on: June 21, 2018, 05:01:44 pm »
I have a track with several instances of Analog Lab 3 on it.
I noticed that one of the instances keeps reverting to the "3 osc" preset whenever I load up the project.
I have tried creating a new track and copying over the info, it still has the same problem. The other channels with Analog Lab don't have this problem, but any new instance I create also keeps reverting to a different preset whenever I load it up.

moscardino

Re: Analog Lab 3 resetting preset in Logic Pro X.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:47:34 am »
Hello

I've the same problem with Cubase Elements 9.5
I record some Analog Lab tracks (by vst), as instruments, I save the project
When I open the project all tracks play with default sound, the same.

Any suggestion please ?

Thanks

keysandviolin

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 01:42:10 pm »
Same problem; I haven't found a solution yet.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 03:13:35 pm »
In Logic I found a workaround for this, not that I'm suggesting that you should need to use a workaround and that this is okay behaviour, but this is where we are.

Basically, when I've found a preset that I want to use in a project, I save it in Logic as a custom patch. So the next time I call-up that patch from Logic (NOT from Analog Lab) on a particular track, it opens Analog Lab and selects the correct preset. When I then save that project and re-open it, Logic will choose the correct Analog Lab preset. This hack works because it proactively tells Analog Lab to select the correct preset, whereas if I just choose Analog Lab as the instrument and select a preset from within Analog Lab, sometimes nothing seems to be 'saved' within the Logic file to tell Analog Lab which preset to load-up when the project is next opened, so it just opens Analog Lab at the default sound.

Possibly this will work in other DAWs that allow you to save custom patches (all of them, surely), but I can't confirm.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines