April 25, 2024, 01:05:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sequencing problem!  (Read 2412 times)

disek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sequencing problem!
« on: June 21, 2018, 04:39:19 pm »
Hi ! I bought keystep yesterday and i can't figure out when i'm in Seq mod and i start sequencing i press rec button and when i start pressing keys sound on hardware synth is like changed, like i pull with finger on Mod up or like sound is with opened cutoff, then i change patch on synth and return on first patch, everything sound normal??? any ideas are welcome ! thanks in advance

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: sequencing problem!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 02:38:57 am »
Keystep sends MIDI CC messages as sequencer transport control messages, which helps nobody but particular DAW users.  These really mess with Waldorf synth users especially, as the CC's send are also the same used by Waldorf for various filter parameters.
The way to fix this is to use MIDI Control Centre turn off the messages or to change them to a CC number that isn't used by the synth, which with Waldorf synths is not many.  I use CC124, which is Omni Mode Off on every MIDI synth ever.  Omni Mode sets the synth to respond to ever MIDI channel it receives and is usually only used for testing stuff, so really shouldn't interfere as much as sending a CC50=127 message everytime you hit play.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:41:53 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

disek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 08:17:55 pm »
thanks I't works!
any ideas how to set up length of sequence without MCC?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 05:21:23 am »
Unfortunately there is no way to set a default length in MCC.  You can create a particular length pattern and copy it to all eight slots so you have a preset length.  To change the length of the patterns in MCC, you change the SEQ Length parameter in the SEQ tab of MCC.  You can do that to each of the eight patterns, or just one and drag that sequence's tab to the other seven tabs to save time.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

disek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 07:19:50 am »
really bad, but still thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 02:30:31 pm »
I wouldn't say "really bad", it's an annoyance at worst.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines