March 29, 2024, 05:59:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB MIDI Sync or Jitter?  (Read 1549 times)

Lunatic Sound

USB MIDI Sync or Jitter?
« on: June 19, 2018, 07:59:12 pm »
Hey friends,

I just ran a sequencer pattern while the MatrixBrute was synced to CuBase8, which was sending MIDI clock. I then forgot about it and started triggering a kick drum sample, which got triggered by the Matrix's sequencer pattern, which was still running.

Thus I noticed how wonky and slightly out of sync the incoming notes from the sequencer were. I did kinda like the groove, as I like wonky stuff, but I wonder, if there are ways to get the Brute to be a bit more tight. Shouldn't the MIDI via USB option be the tightest way to do it? Clock from CuBase as well as Midi Notes fron the Brute were both running through USB, is that a bad choice?

Do you have any other insights in how to get good sync?

waytogo

• Apprentice
Re: USB MIDI Sync or Jitter?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 12:21:38 pm »
I also realized this and that the same thing connected via MIDI is tight as expected. Any ideas from the developer what I have to set in the settings and Cubase to achieve tight MIDI sync via USB connection?

standingwave

Re: USB MIDI Sync or Jitter?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 09:30:26 pm »
 Computers are notoriously bad at generating a tight midi clock. The only solution that worked for me was the expert sleepers USAMO. Keeping in mind, this will not cure latency, only jitter. When you use this though, your MIDI is sample accurate with your audio.
 Another solution is an outboard clock, but this creates it's own issues with integration with your DAE.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines