April 20, 2024, 12:21:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to Switch Memory in an Ableton Live Set Without Affecting Earlier Parameters  (Read 2655 times)

dminogue6@gmail.com

Hey guys! I'm new to all of this so please be kind. (I'll put main points in bold since I tend to ramble)

So I'm using my Minilab MkII as a sequencer in Ableton.  In Ableton I made a midi effect rack to control 8 chains (one chain to each pitch of the sequencer) then I used the drum pads on the Minilab to control the channel on/off switches (figuring it would be nice to see a visual with the pads lit up) that way I can create various rhythms.  I'm keeping these settings in memory 6 and the pads are on midi channel 11.

Then I want to switch to a different memory (in this case memory 7) to use drums pads for a drum rack.  The issue is each time I switch from memory 6 to memory 7 all my chains on/off switches turn off.  My assumption is that when I switch memories, one last midi message is sent and turns the channels off, but thats my rather limited knowledge.

Can anyone help? All suggestion on how to keep one memory setting safe in Ableton while switching to a new memory would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines