March 29, 2024, 03:03:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Not displayed correctly VST parameter names in Ableton Push 2  (Read 4238 times)

Giuls

Hi,

Can you improve the VST parameter names?

In Ableton Push 2, the maximum length for each name is 15 and some parameters such as in the Prophet V, for example, appears only "ENVELOPE FILTER" (generic)  without "ATTACK-SUSTAIN-DECAY-RELEASE".
It would be better if it was renamed in "ENV.FLT.ATTACK" and also "ENVELOPE VCA ATTACK" in "ENV.VCA.ATTACK" etc..

In the Arp 2600 V some parameters such as SEQUENCER AMOUNT it should appear as SEQ AMOUNT FM.

It's very annoying because with VST Instruments by other brand, the parameters are displayed correctly. :-\

Electronic Performer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Not displayed correctly VST parameter names in Ableton Push 2
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 11:42:07 pm »

In the Arp 2600 V some parameters such as SEQUENCER AMOUNT it should appear as SEQ AMOUNT FM.

It's very annoying because with VST Instruments by other brand, the parameters are displayed correctly. :-\

In the Arp 2600, for example, It would be enough to remove the prefix "AMOUNT" and it would be solved, but maybe ableton users not interessing.  :'(

smoovep

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 03:52:10 pm »
+100

Ableton Push 2 is at the center of my entire workflow. Any software/plugins that don't play nice with it end up being replaced with other solutions...but I LOVE my Arturia stuff so much....really hoping there's an easy solution to this.

synthopia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 01:25:46 pm »
+101

I had reported the same problems about two years ago, but things have not improved... :'(

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87700.0

scheffkoch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Electronic Performer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 11:04:26 pm »
... here's a solution...: https://isotonikstudios.com/product/preditor-2-control-surface-automapping-utility/

When I use plug-ins from other brands I am not forced to buy another software to correctly view the parameters in Ableton Push;
The problem is only with the arturia's software.  :(

scheffkoch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 11:23:00 am »
...maybe the problem is more evident with arturia plugs but i also have problems with the parameter namings of other vst vendors...btw preditor also has other advantages in regards to push's parameter mapping/display...

Giuls

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 02:46:55 pm »
They told me that with the last release (v collection 7) the parameters of the virtual instruments are no longer pre-mapped, you have to assign them one by one from the daw and always with too many prefixes that make the names too long and therefore unreadable in push ableton .

Congratulations, I notice that the feedback is taken into consideration but on the contrary. :o

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines