Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MkII  (Read 1339 times)

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
MkII
« on: June 21, 2018, 10:34:19 pm »
Just announced today, I'm quite surprised. This takes the opposite direction of the Essential, and adds some features that I think only dedicated pros will want like 5 pedal ins!!! and CV inputs as well. Very impressive. Looks like they now have added another bank for faders/controllers, and have separated banks for the pads. Only 49/61 unweighted versions so far, suspect it's very likely they'll make an 88 key flagship version soon, I'll be curious to see whether they upgrade the keybed. If so, this might be a KILLER controller!

One very curious change: they removed the nobs on the side that were dedicated to volume and global control. I've always hated pots for volume (preferring faders instead), so I always repurpose fader 1 for volume, but I suspect most people typically stick with a dedicated volume encoder. Very curious that they ditched that.

For reference: I actually keep a mirrored volume pot on encoder #5, because when I play organs, I switch the faders to Bank B for drawbar control, and loose my volume fader.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines