March 28, 2024, 09:35:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to send Program Change on arbitrary MIDI Channel?  (Read 2011 times)

This City Handmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • musikkemi - the alchemy of music
How to send Program Change on arbitrary MIDI Channel?
« on: June 11, 2018, 07:37:49 pm »
Hi,

On my KeyLab 49 I'm sending Program Change MIDI message with the "Progr.Chng"-button. The Progr.Chang always defaults to MIDI Channel 01 (according to MIDI console). I want to send it on a midi channel Iof my choice. So I can control program changes for synth 1 on channel 01, Synth 2 on channel 02 etc.

How do I send program change to an optional channel?

NB! I use my synths standalone. I'm not using a DAW in this setup.

Best regards,
Kristo.

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Re: How to send Program Change on arbitrary MIDI Channel?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »
Even though you may perform without a computer, initial setup is A LOT simpler if you hook it up via USB and use the "MIDI Control Center" program to change your controller settings. Once you're in the program, and click on the Prog Chng. button, you will have the option to choose the midi channel it sends the message on. You can do all sorts of crazy things with it too. For instance, since I have no need for transport control functions, I've setup the transport buttons to send program changes 1-6. I don't need to send them to different channels as you do, but between all the buttons, you could theoretically set 16 different program changes on whatever channels you want.

You can also create virtually an infinite amount of internal program setups in which the controller settings are all different. Once again, no need for that in my setup, but many do use it like that.

Does this help? Am I understanding your needs correctly?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines