March 28, 2024, 02:15:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Two features requests: MIDI Thru option + Program Changes  (Read 2974 times)

tajnost

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Two features requests: MIDI Thru option + Program Changes
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:57:52 am »
Dear Arturia, please consider this in your next BSP update:

1) Ability to use Midi Out as MIDI Thru for program change messages. At the moment when I try to send a Program Change message from Ableton thru the BSP midi out to external synth (which I sequence with BSP ) I only change the pattern number on BSP but synth doesn't receive the message.

2) It would be nice if BSP could send Program Change messages at the moment of changing the Project. For me, each new project on BSP means = new sound set on external synths, so would be nice to have an option to change the Sound Banks on external gear automatically when I change a project.

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Two features requests: MIDI Thru option + Program Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 05:10:39 pm »
Here Here on the Midi thru.

I actually cant quite believe it wont do it already.

I like to use my BSP with other hardware boxes then at some stage turn the computer on. I like to record the midi as well as audio into a DAW. When I turn my computer on I would like to get midi messages out to other instruments that are just taking clock from BSP... ie stop using the internal sequencer on the instrument but send note messages from my Launchpad pro for instance.

Please can an Arturia official please tell me if adding midi thru is potentially possible with a firmware update even if it cannot be rolled out/implemented for a time.

Regards

CRG

whyistherenophonesupport

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 05:20:06 pm »
MIDI thru for channels that aren't assigned to any of the sequencers would be great.

moogmusic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 04:48:40 pm »
MIDI thru for channels that aren't assigned to any of the sequencers would be great.

+1

shmuelyosef

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 04:57:07 am »
I have a workaround for this...I use Midi-OX (freeware) and map the output of my synth keyboard to the input of the BSP through a MidiSport hub. The synth goes directly to my DAW (or to another synth chain or...). I can then route the three channels (1, 2, 10 for simplicity) of my BSP to a DAW or chain of synths or other combination and use the the receiving device to sort it out (this works best with a hardware synth or a DAW where you can set the channel). Unfortunately, most software synths don't let you filter channel numbers, so you can't use them unless you embed them in a DAW or use another channel filtering scheme.

MultipleChoice

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 07:18:04 pm »
I found this workaround, but the filters were unstable, so  I had to give it up:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95067.msg157118#msg157118

So yes, I totally agree - MIDI Thru setting first please, after that anything else ;)

bgbgbg777

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 11:28:27 pm »
How can you support midi Thru more than Program Change ???
with 40$ you get a 4 midi thru box.

YOU CANT BUY program change in a shop.

we need -> Program change and Trigger probability per step <-

Otherwise Beatstep is a useless tool.
You cant try being professionnal without these two functionalities in a electronic/techno live set.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines