March 29, 2024, 01:20:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to get rid of sequencer transposing following a default key?  (Read 3057 times)

Man-Machine

I don't like that sequences always have to transpose from a global default key. Let's say the default transpose key is C3 and I wrote a bass line in A3. As I'm playing and I switch to that sequence, I have to press a C key to hear an A note!! That's completely unnatural to me and it messing up my playing. The keyboard notes keep on getting shifted as different sequences are selected. I can't tell what the notes are in the keyboard anymore. Mind-numbing!!!

There must be an option for sequences to transpose from the original key the sequence was created from, not from a set global default key. That way a C will be a C, just like an A will be an A.

If I switch to a sequence that was originally started in G3, that G3 key needs to be the transpose key for that specific sequence.

This could be updated with a new firmware.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:00:13 pm by Man-Machine »
L8er Osci8ers

Rokk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to get rid of sequencer transposing following a default key?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 05:08:51 pm »
+1000 on this! It was a big disappointment. I can't understand why they implemented it like this. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Please, Arturia, fix this in the next update which I hope will be out soon. This is spoiling an otherwise great piece of kit! Thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines