April 26, 2024, 08:28:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with "Sync" and internal clock  (Read 2065 times)

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problems with "Sync" and internal clock
« on: June 04, 2018, 09:27:12 pm »
I have an issue when building presets. After setting my LFO's and Analog Effects to "Sync" they eventually bug out and lose their proper state after some inactivity. The only way I can get it back is by reloading the preset. Turning Sync on and off doesn't fix it, nor does changing the rate. I have to completely reload the preset to be able to have everything synced up to the rate but it always ends up going wacky after some time. This happens even when no midi or usb cable is connected. I even just reinstalled the firmware but to no avail. Anyone else experience this? I already submitted a ticket to support.

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Problems with "Sync" and internal clock
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:25:36 am »
I should also add that turning the arpeggiator on and then off seems to jolt it back to normal although it eventually ends up freaking out again.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:00:57 pm »
I can confirm there is an LFO sync bug. My test scenario wasn't the same as yours but it points to the same or a similar cause:

In my test patch, LFO 1 square runs at 1/4 the rate of LFO 2 downwards ramp, with both assigned to VCO 1 pitch, making a 4/4 pattern of piu-piu-pio-pio which makes it easy to hear the sync or lack thereof. After a period of inactivity LFO 1 stops.

When LFO 1 has stopped, it can be made to run again by setting its rate to the same rate as LFO 2 or higher, but it will not run at the lower rate, i.e. setting the rate lower causes it to stop again. While twisting the LFO 1 rate knob, through the range of lower rates, it sort of start up as you twist the knob, but stops again as soon as you let go of the knob (after one period or less(?)). Also switching the arp or sequencer on and off makes LFO 1 run again.

The same happens on role reversal of LFO 1 and LFO 2, with LFO 2 stopping after a period of inactivity. I.o.w. the LFO with the lower rate stops after a period of inactivity.

I also hit upon an intermittent phase issue for LFO 1 while testing, but that's hard to reproduce consistently.

Ticket submitted.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:17:46 pm by DrJustice »

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:28:21 pm »
You described the issue much better than I did. That is exactly what I am experiencing. Can you confirm that your analog effects section experiences this as well? If I have them set to "Sync" they go off after some time just like the LFOs.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:32:16 pm by gostevego »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 10:31:03 pm »
I didn't try the effects section LFO - I had already spent hours testing and verifying the problem in detail using LFO 1 and 2... However, from your report and testing, as well as mine, the symptoms points to the LFOs all using the same code (a given with proper software engineering), so Arturia probably have enough information to verify, find and fix this bug for all three LFOs.

BTW, I have to say it was a good catch by you. This kind of bug is hard to find and pinpoint; with the "period of inactivity" involved it could have remained a mystery bug, if you hadn't established that condition!

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:15:16 am »
Hey Guys.

Thanks for these precise information.

I've referenced the case and transmitted it to the test.

Cheers

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 07:51:11 pm »
I knew, something was going in with the LFOs!

Thank you guys for the efforts! Fingers crossed one day this will be fixed. Hope dies last!

gostevego

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 07:57:14 pm »
Me too! It's a REALLY annoying bug. Hoping we don't have to wait years for a fix.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines