March 28, 2024, 04:36:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 49 VS Keylab Essential 49  (Read 2294 times)

looneyprog

• Apprentice
KeyLab 49 VS Keylab Essential 49
« on: November 28, 2018, 06:43:43 am »
I'm buying my first KeyLab and I'm not sure which option is best for me: the old 49 version VS Essential.

I'm using Ableton Launchpad + Ableton Launchpad Control to control Ableton Live. So I presume I wont be using Keylab's DAW command center very much.
I'm mostly interested in Keylab as a keyboard MIDI controller, especially to control Arturia's presets as well as knobs and faders. The less I used my laptop the better for me.

The older Keylab has 10 knobs and Essential was reduced to 9. The more knobs the better for me since I'm using a lot of synthesis.
Also, I'll be controlling a Moog Mother 32 via MIDI - just to play the keyboard, no knobs.
I won't be using the Performance pads to control chords at all. Wish I could use them for arpeggios!
For me, it's also important to be able to browse Arturia's presets and favorite presets easily through the LCD screen. 
Design shouldn't be a deciding factor but I like the vintage old Keylab's look a lot more than the new Essential one.

What would you say it's the best option for me? Should I be taking in consideration any other important factors to make up my mind?

Thank you!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:33:37 pm by looneyprog »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines