April 18, 2024, 07:09:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using minilab mk II as regular midi controller?  (Read 6718 times)

Hidden Agenda

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using minilab mk II as regular midi controller?
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:44:51 pm »
I did not plan to use the software side of minilab.  I just need it as a small MIDI controller to run outboard devices such as Waldorf Striechfett and Blofeld etc.  How can I assemble the right cables to accomplish this since minilab has no DIN midi jack.  or is this even possible?  The printed material says midi this and that, but I don't see how to get there so I'm asking the experts.  Thanks for any help you all may provide!!

Hidden Agenda

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Using minilab mk II as regular midi controller?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:56:04 pm »
So it's not a fully functioned MIDI controller at all.  It a slightly functional MIDI controller if you are using software NOT hardware.  Seems like dishonest marketing to me.  https://www.arturia.com/minilab/details

LBH

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 12:30:15 am »
This text is from your link, that by the way is for Minilab and not for Minilab MKII:
"MiniLab is a full-featured MIDI controller designed to work with any music software or DAW you own"?

In this link - https://www.arturia.com/minilab-mkii/overview - that's for Minilab MKII you can read this:
"MiniLab MkII is a high quality, feature-packed controller which gives you hands-on access to the sounds in your virtual studio"

Beside it's pointed out it's designed software, then in both i also see a USB connection but no MIDI DIN conection on the controller.

What excactly is dishonest?

I think there are possiblilities to use a MIDI USB HOSTS or something like that, to connect USB to MIDI DIN withput the use of a computer. But as i have'nt tried it my self, then i can't tell for certain if that will work with Minilab or Minilab MKII. That you have to find out. I think perhaps MKII at least will. I suggest you ask Arturia support and a stores.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:52:01 am by LBH »

Hidden Agenda

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:11:13 am »
Yes sir, my bad.  It's simply a minilab.  Not mk II as i posted.  And I just read the text about a "fully functioning MIDI controller."  I did not think to look at pictures to look for the MIDI din port like I do now for my gear.  I do not believe there is a way to take usb to 5 pin midi din to make it work for me.  Minilab for sale anyone?  Kidding, I might find a use for the presets for something.  Thanks for your response!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines