September 22, 2019, 10:19:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer, arp and matrix arp improvements  (Read 918 times)

DrJustice

Sequencer, arp and matrix arp improvements
« on: June 01, 2018, 03:02:31 pm »
Although some of these have been mentioned elsewhere, I gather them here for visibility and discussion. Some of these are already on the MB2S, and the flagship shouldn't be behind in useful sequencer features:

- Sequencer: Edit and display notes. Display notes on the patch number display, when playing or selecting a step and when holding a Step button and turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the note value for the step.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Hold Accent button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the velocity value for the accented step.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Hold Slide button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the gate length for the step, the Gate knob would then be a relative adjustment.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Ratcheting. Hold Step button and press 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 or 1/32 for 1,2,3 and 4 repeats. When the Step button is held the division LEDs could light or flash to indicate the current setting.

- Seq, Arp and MxArp: Selectable end step repeat for the Fwd/Rev mode (System setting? Or better yet, per patch setting.)

- Sequencer: Ability to delay the next selected pattern until the current reaches its end (System setting?).

- Sequencer and MxArp: Rotate the sequence. E.g. hold SEQ Length and press the Left or Right arrow buttons to rotate by one step.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Ability to activate Seq/Arp for mod only. So you can hold a note and it will run through a modulator sequence (simply enabled  by not entering any notes?).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:31:24 am by DrJustice »

Alexandrejoe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/alexandrejoe
Re: Sequencer, arp and matrix arp improvements
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:22:33 pm »
Good ones !

I would also add the followings :

- Sequencer : Selectable start step

- Sequencer : Copy / Clear / Paste a sequence from a step A to a step B

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 04:57:45 am »
very good and latch to beat quantize real time recording would be great

VAU

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 10:36:35 pm »
i would suggest:

zoom possibility like 1 page per bar
(and at least 32 bars sequences)

then you could use the lower columns to draw in ratchets  and other things
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:44:34 pm by VAU »

standingwave

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 08:13:45 pm »
I would add:
 Ability to activate Seq/Arp for mod only. So you can hold a note and it will run through a modulator sequence.

Processaurus

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 06:03:51 am »
Although some of these have been mentioned elsewhere, I gather them here for visibility and discussion. Some of these are already on the MB2S, and the flagship shouldn't be behind in useful sequencer features:

- Sequencer: Edit and display notes. Display notes on the patch number display, when playing or selecting a step and when holding a Step button and turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the note value for the step.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Hold Accent button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the velocity value for the accented step.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Hold Slide button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the gate length for the step, the Gate knob would then be a relative adjustment.

- Sequencer and MxArp: Ratcheting. Hold Step button and press 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 or 1/32 for 1,2,3 and 4 repeats. When the Step button is held the division LEDs could light or flash to indicate the current setting.

- Seq, Arp and MxArp: Selectable end step repeat for the Fwd/Rev mode (System setting? Or better yet, per patch setting.)

- Sequencer: Ability to delay the next selected pattern until the current reaches its end (System setting?).

- Sequencer and MxArp: Rotate the sequence. E.g. hold SEQ Length and press the Left or Right arrow buttons to rotate by one step.

All very good, thoughtful suggestions.  If there was ONE thing I would like to see with the sequencer, is gate time, per step.  It would open up a whole new area, of musicality and groove.  As is, it is very mechanical feeling, which is cool sometimes, but other times it can be too simple and sound like a calculator.  Some people might want "micro timing", but to me, the ends of the notes changing in length affects the feel of musicality more.

DrJustice

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 11:24:11 am »
...If there was ONE thing I would like to see with the sequencer, is gate time, per step.  It would open up a whole new area, of musicality and groove.  As is, it is very mechanical feeling, which is cool sometimes, but other times it can be too simple and sound like a calculator.  Some people might want "micro timing", but to me, the ends of the notes changing in length affects the feel of musicality more.
I agree. And to that end I've already submitted the following:

- Display the notes on the patch number display, when playing or selecting a step and when holding a Step button and turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the note value for the step.
 - Hold Accent button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the velocity value for the step.
 - Hold Slide button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the gate length for the step, the Gate knob would then be a relative adjustment.

I must remember to submit the rest too...

I would add:
 Ability to activate Seq/Arp for mod only. So you can hold a note and it will run through a modulator sequence.

Good one! I'll add it to the OP and submit it in my next ticket.

It's not quite the same, but in the mean time we can use a sequence with a single middle C that is tied over as many steps as you want.

Folks, remember to submit your tech support tickets to add your weight to bug fixes and feature requests! :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:30:14 am by DrJustice »

Alexandrejoe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/alexandrejoe
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 11:31:39 am »
Folks, remember to submit your tech support tickets to add your weight to bug fixes and feature requests! :)

YES PLEASE!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines