March 28, 2024, 02:52:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Broken in / crashes Ableton Live 10.0.2  (Read 11870 times)

mcnitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Broken in / crashes Ableton Live 10.0.2
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:08:36 am »
Since the Ableton Live 10.0.2 update this past weekend, V Collection 6 (latest) and Analog 3 (v 3.1.0.1391) do not function correctly. Specifically...
  • Any Ableton Live 10.0.2 project containing Analog 3 or a V Collection 6 instrument tends to crash on startup.
  • Creating a new Ableton project and loading one of the above, some presets function, others produce no sound.
  • Flipping between presets causes some to become edited (show an * next to the preset name) despite no changes have been made. Eventually, changing presets or editing plugin parameters crashes Ableton.
  • The above does not happen in Logic Pro X (latest 10.4.1), and I did not have these issues in Ableton Live 10.0.1 so it seems to be scoped to Ableton Live 10.0.2.
Tested this on an Apple iMac and Apple MacBook Pro, both running macOS High Sierra (latest 10.13.4).

Anyone else having issues in Ableton?

mcnitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Broken in / crashes Ableton Live 10.0.2
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:53:47 am »
For cross reference, the issue posted on the Ableton Live 10 forum: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?uid=293566&f=1&t=230675&start=0

wunderfish

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:24:00 am »
I second this bug. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why Live 10.0.2 kept crashing when opening sets that featured V Collection 6 plugins. After troubleshooting a bit, I reverted back to Live 10.0.1 and did not experience any crashes. I suppose Arturia will need to update their plugins for Live versions going forward.

mcnitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:03 pm »
Additional test information -- Ableton Live 10.0.2 crashes with both AU and VST versions of Arturia plugins.

The Ableton Live 10.0.2 release notes list a number of bug fixes related to AU plugins, so I decided to test using Arturia VST plugins instead to see if the issues are limited to AU. Unfortunately, the same crashes occur with Arturia VST plugins as well.

Ableton Live 10.0.2 release notes / bug fixes relating to plugins:
  • AU plug-in default presets (.aupreset files) were no longer shown in the Live 10 browser.
  • Fixed a problem which might prevent AU presets from recalling correctly.
  • AU plug-in parameters might behave erratically when being controlled with the mouse, under certain circumstances.
  • Live would crash when an AU plug-in instance which couldn't be loaded was removed from a Set.
  • Fixed a scenario where Push 2's display could crash when hot-swapping AU plug-in presets.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:11:25 pm by mcnitt »

lekareiz

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 10:58:26 am »
Same problem here.

Imac 27 late 2012  OS:Mac Osx Sierra 10.12.6
Ableton 10.0.2  : I Re-Open a 2 maximum 3 months old session and i can't work with that project now.
Arturia V Collection: 2 instances of CS-80 V3 Audio Unit constantly crash my ableton session.
So,i checked with Vst version and for the moment,all working fine.

Guillaume Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 12:56:43 pm »
Hey all,

Sorry for the troubles faced along with Ableton Live 10.0.2.

As an information, these issues have been confirmed on the Ableton side and are apparently already fixed in the latest beta version released.

You can eventually subscribe to the Beta program here :

https://www.ableton.com/en/beta/

You can indeed revert back temporarily to 10.0.1 provided here :

Mac OS : http://downloads.ableton.com/channels/10.0.1/ableton_live_suite_10.0.1_64.dmg

Windows : http://downloads.ableton.com/channels/10.0.1/ableton_live_suite_10.0.1_64.zip

Or alternatively use the VST which should work fine.

I would suggest to those who are still facing issues along with the VST version, to try to uninstall/reinstall their software.

As a information, on our side, this issue isn't referenced too and shouldn't arise as long as i know (reinstalling them would be worth a try too in this case) :

- Creating a new Ableton project and loading one of the above, some presets function, others produce no sound.

Make sure also not to use any sample rate over 96 khz as we're not supporting such sample rates so this may be the culprit.

If some issues are still arising afterward i would suggest you to create support tickets in order for us to troubleshoot or reference these if necessary.

All the best,

patrykt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 11:10:59 pm »
In Ableton Live 10 Beta 10.0.3b3 Analog Lab 3 works fine finally.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines