April 16, 2024, 06:11:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Aftertouch suddenly stopped working  (Read 1329 times)

fourdubs

• Apprentice
Aftertouch suddenly stopped working
« on: May 27, 2018, 09:46:17 pm »
While in the process of programming a patch, aftertouch on my less than 3 month old Matrixbrute stopped working.  Nothing in particular happened to the unit prior to the sudden failure of aftertouch . . . it wasn't dropped or jostled, in other words, nor did I exert an undo amount of pressure on the keys . . . it just stopped working.  Monitoring through the MIDI out shows that aftertouch is no longer being transmitted.  The unit does respond to aftertouch messages received at the MIDI in.  The unit has only been very gently used in a smoke free home studio.  Anyone ever experience something similar or have any idea what may have caused this? 

fourdubs

• Apprentice
Re: Aftertouch suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 04:03:26 am »
Well, considering this post has had several views and no responses, I take it to mean that no one else has experienced this particular problem with the aftertouch . . . which is great news!  Happy to see that it does not seem to be a common problem.

I must say that the Arturia team has been absolutely outstanding in helping me to get this problem resolved within the warranty period.  A representative initially provided me with instructions for opening the left hand controller section to see if reseating the aftertouch ribbon cable would rectify the problem.  Unfortunately, it did not, so I was required to send the unit for service.  However, the Arturia team has done everything they can to make the process painless, and I should have the Matrixbrute back and functional within a week.  Everyone I have been in correspondence with, both here in the US and abroad, has been above and beyond helpful.  Thanks Arturia!

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: Aftertouch suddenly stopped working
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:47:53 am »
Hey.

I'm sorry to see that you had to return your MatrixBrute.
Hardware defects are pretty rare on this machine, but I guess sometimes issues can't be avoided...

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback about our quality of service and the support team.
In the past 3 years, we indeed highly improved our support and after sales services, and this is really rewarding to read that the experience was "good", even if we would have preferred that you didn't face issues at all.

Best Regards.
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines