March 28, 2024, 06:56:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot import syx presets in Analog Lab 3  (Read 1532 times)

Jack_Bourne

Cannot import syx presets in Analog Lab 3
« on: May 27, 2018, 05:33:32 pm »
Using Analog Lab 3, latest version on Macintosh Sierra also latest version.  My question is very simple but I cannot find an answer. There are thousands of preset, banks, patches for the DX7 on the internet but when I try to import them with the import function the items are greyed out. Why put an import function if it is not possible to import anything (except Analog Lab 3 own exports, which is silly)? How do I import these presets? Do I have to convert them? I am able to import these preset into Dexed, no problems.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:35:11 pm by Jack_Bourne »

gphantom

Re: Cannot import syx presets in Analog Lab 3
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 12:26:16 am »
I went back to version 2 which works much better and doesn't have ridiculous pre-selections like "Synth", "Piano", "Organ" and "Multi" before accessing the presets and banks.  Which pre-selection do we choose to get a flute or guitar or violin etc?  Arturia decided to ask "EXPERTS" to design the new version.  Thanks but no thanks.  I'm staying with AL2.

Try using AL2 to import those other presets.  Chances are, they will load in AL2.  Arturia became another Microsoft.  You don't like it, too bad.

LBH

Re: Cannot import syx presets in Analog Lab 3
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 12:31:01 am »
To give you an answer. You need the full DX7 V application to import some sysex files to DX7 V.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines