March 28, 2024, 05:00:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jumpy Knobs In Reason 10 & other annoyances  (Read 2853 times)

danny_f

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Jumpy Knobs In Reason 10 & other annoyances
« on: May 20, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »
I just got my MiniLab and have been working with MCC.  F**ing Annoyed.

When I tried to import the "MiniLab-Reason.minilab" it was greyed out and would not load.  >:( Not only that but why is the MMC calling up pre-retina apple UI. The pop up window to locate the file looks pixelated and not even part of the MAC OS. What the heck is up with that?????

I see another user was having same issue.

Also, the knobs don't work in smooth transitions. Looks like midi is delayed and all over the place.
For example, assign knob 2 ( or other ) to map the synth cutoff.

I turn the knob. Sometimes it 'works' as in not usable for smooth transitions. It steps up in seemingly random ways. Never a smooth 0-127 value. Always sporadic and unusable.

I tested with MIDI Monitor and each knob does work correctly in smooth 0-127 values. I also tested with another synth application Minimonsta and was also able to get smooth transitions with the same knob.

danny_f

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Jumpy Knobs In Reason 10 & other annoyances
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »
Fredrik (Propellerhead Software)

May 23, 17:12 CEST
Hi,

It's the manufacturers of the MIDI Controllers that supply us with the Remote maps. I'm afraid we haven't yet received any Remote map for the MiniLab Mk2 from Arturia.

What you can do instead is this:

Open Reason's Preferences, the Control Surfaces tab.
Add your MiniLab Mk2 as:

Manufacturer: <Other>
Model: MIDI Control Keyboard

Then, select the appropriate "MIDI Input" port in the list further down on that page, click Find and play a note on your MiniLab Mk2.

steam51@gmail.com

Re: Jumpy Knobs In Reason 10 & other annoyances
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 11:15:37 pm »
I did that and worked fine to solve the jumping knobs problem. Now i have to learn how to asign all the knobs to the wished functionality.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines