March 29, 2024, 02:43:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using expression pedal for Volume (cc11) control  (Read 3305 times)

marcel.mib

Using expression pedal for Volume (cc11) control
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:39:33 am »
So, I bought the Collection 5 a while back and have to say I'm quite pleased with it. Love the Moog emulations the most. OK, now onto my dilemma. Many, if not most, of the Collection 5 instruments can have their volumes controlled by the expression pedal. I want to utilize the Mini V more but it doesn't seem to want to have the volume function assigned by cc11. What's the best way around this? Any plans on having this implemented in the future? I am running on a Win10 computer with Ableton Live and Cantabile as hosts (migrating towards Cantabile) for live playing. I am controlling the setup using Novation Impulse 61 and M Audio Keystation 49 controllers. I am using the Moog expression pedal through the Impule 61. Ideally, I'd like ALL VSTs' volumes to be able to be controlled by the expression pedal (cc11).

LBH

Re: Using expression pedal for Volume (cc11) control
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 10:15:56 pm »
CC #07 is Volume in generel MIDI.
Please read this article: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/what-difference-between-midi-volume-expression/

Expression CC #11 can be used for many things in Arturias synths. It's a reserved Midi CC. In Mini V you can use Expression as modulator in the Modulation Matrix. One thing it can be used to control in the Modulation Matrix is "VCA AM" - that's VCA amount, and this give you a possibilty to make some volume expression.

Beside this, then your DAW may provide other options to control volume.
Having a expression pedal that send on other Midi CCs that's not reserved Midi CC in an Arturia application can also be assigned to the applications parameters.
Please read about reserved Midi channels in Arturias applications in the manuals.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines