March 29, 2024, 03:43:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bizzare issue with using SparkLe as midi controller in Ableton Live  (Read 2300 times)

DEADDEER

Hi guys!

After watching this video https://youtu.be/3yhcM_KjU3E I set up my Spark as midi controler. As I don't want to be limited by number of sequencer steps, this is the most useful way for me to use it & I was very happy to discover that (I'm new to making music on a computer). Everything worked, until I went to studio tab, tweaked some sounds & then went back to the project to continue recording. But somehow I stoped hearing recorded beats in playback mode. There's signal on midi track beacuse the volume pops up green, but there's no sound commin out. I can hear the sound only when I push the pads, but there's no sound in playback of the clip & no sound when I click on notes in MIDI note editor.

Do you have any idea what might have happened?  ??? ???

I'd appreciate any help as I'm desperate to solve the issue & get back to my most comfortable workflow  :'(

EDIT: I also noticed that there's no sound on SPARK track that MIDI track takes MIDI from. I'm attaching screen shot.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:36:27 am by DEADDEER »

DEADDEER

Okay, so I fortunately solved the problem by reinstalling Spark 2 on my computer. But it means it was most likely plugin/software problem, which still doesn't look good for the product.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: bizzare issue with using SparkLe as midi controller in Ableton Live
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:13:39 am »
I thought I knew what happened there but I can't reproduce that issue with Live :/

Setting 2 tracks like you did, always gets audio out of Spark on my setup.

I did go to Studio and back, in fact I went to all Spark tabs while playing and stop+play, so... my only question now is, are you using Spark 2.4.0 ?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:33:55 am by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines