March 28, 2024, 05:03:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ladder filter problems  (Read 1318 times)

PrShadocko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ladder filter problems
« on: May 06, 2018, 06:39:43 pm »
Hello,

It seems that my Ladder filter doesn't work as expected : with an external input, the level of the VCF 2 is about 30 dB lower than VCF 1.
The external input is sent to both filters, and both are set to the same config, for example Low Cut / Cutoff open.
If I set the 2 filters in series, then the signal that ouputs the VCF 2 has the correct level : that confirms that this is not a VCF malfunction or setting error but how it receives the signal from the External input.
Of course, with the VCOs and Noise sources there is no level difference.
Could somebody verify that it works correctly on his machine and mine must go to repairing ?

There is also a strange behaviour with the HP mode of the Ladder filter, but perhaps is this normal ?
In fact, the HPF doesn't cut the low frequencies at all...
It is the most obvious (and annoying) with a noise source, it is has if the HPF output is merged with the direct signal.
The result is that the Band Pass mode is more effective to cut the low freequencies than the High Pass !
Any comment ?

Thank you !

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Ladder filter problems
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:33:29 pm »
Just tested here. The levels of the filters should be exactly the same for external input, just as for the other sources. Also, the Ladder HPF should work as you'd expect, with a normal highs pass response.

PrShadocko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:27:50 am »
Thanks, it is what I was afraid of...
So I have to contact Arturia and hope that the garantee will work !

endreola

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 12:27:48 pm »
You may want to check firmware versions, if you haven't already.  This post explains how to display the versions installed for each of the modules and how to re-install the firmware to specific modules: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92706.0

PrShadocko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:01:09 am »
Thanks, but everything is correct with the firmware, I am in touch with Arturia for a repair  :-[

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines