April 24, 2024, 11:54:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 black edition  (Read 1504 times)

dr_fru

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 88 black edition
« on: May 03, 2018, 05:49:10 pm »
Hello !

anyone could tell me if the Keylab 88 Black edition sports the same Fatar action as the regular Keylab 88 ?

Hope that Arturia would consider improving the action on the Keylabs . I wouldn't mind paying extra ....!

best regards

Yves

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Re: Keylab 88 black edition
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:40:29 am »
AFAIK The Black Edition is exactly the same hardware, just black and has an Arturia watermark on the top. I briefly considered getting one when I bought #2, 6 weeks ago. But I'm really not in love with the look, actually. They just inverted the color, but it doesn't look right to me. The wood panels look kind of crappy in the black, and there's something about the markings that looks kind of ugly. Love the look of the white Keylab, they nailed it. But if they want to do black, they'd probably need to put a little more effort into redesigning the etchings.

But I would agree, while I find the Keybed's action to actually be quite decent, it's a bit finicky, and I can personally attest to it not having much longevity. The hammer felts got mashed down in about 2 years time. I purchased a whole new board, but I probably could take it to a shop to get new felt. One of the advantages, though, is this is one of the lightest keybeds out there, which I really love, but I guess that comes at the cost of reliability.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines