March 29, 2024, 09:09:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi learn only recognises a few controls?  (Read 1441 times)

olliraa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi learn only recognises a few controls?
« on: May 03, 2018, 10:02:06 am »
Hi.

Been tinkering with the AL3 for a few days now. The software itself works great for example latency wise and sounds great (that's the main thing, right? :)

I came across a annoying problem, which I'm not able to solve myself: I want to map a pedal (sostenuto or soft) to the Leslie speed of the B3.

it seems that the sostenuto is among the reserved CCs, so I installed MidiOX and  LoopBe1 (a virtual midiport driver) and remapped the sostenuto to another free CC. The remap works perfectly fine, I've tested it with for example sending notes to MidiOX on ch1 and having them inputted to AL3 on ch2 (on virtual midi input port).

The problem is that no matter what CC I try, the midi learn does not see the controller change. It only sees the two knobs of my Roland RD-64, with which it works perfectly. The problem is I want to change the Leslie speed while playing with *both hands* -> have to use pedal.

Is this a known problem? I'm really out of ideas now :(

LBH

Re: Midi learn only recognises a few controls?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:58:18 pm »
Hi again,

I have tried to set a button on my controller to use midi CC66 (sustenuto). The strange thing is, that i can assign this button to both switches and knobs in B3 V organ. But i can't assign the button to any controls in AL3 standalone version (that we talk about here - right?). Perhaps this is a bug or malfunction.
I can assign buttons that use other midi CCs to AL3, so it's not that you can't assing a 2 value control at all.  So i don't know why you can't use a pedal that send on not reseved midi CCs. Perhaps it's because the pedal is connected thru a sustenuto plug?
I suggest you contact Arturia support directly.
I'm interested in knowing how it turns out.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:18:27 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:47:14 pm »
Got a thought. I think i perhaps have found out why the sustenuto does'nt work in AL3. I think it should be mentioned as a reserved parameter in the manual, because the Piano Vs actually have that parameter reserved, as the Piano Vs have a sustenuto function.
Soft pedal CC67 is also reserved in Piano V applications.
It would make sense.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:29:10 pm by LBH »

olliraa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 07:58:27 am »
Hi LBH and thansk again for your time and help :) I actually got it working last night. I did exactly the same as before, but with a different "midi remapper" replacing MidiOX with Midi Translator Pro. Worked like a charm :)

What I did CC-wise (I just made up that word ;) was that I remapped the hw midi input to a virtual one with sostenuto remapped to the common control CC80. In AL3 the midi input was set to the virtual one.

Good times :D

LBH

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:48 pm »
Hi olliraa

Great. So it was only the reserved MIDI channels that did'nt work. That i can understand.

Have fun.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines