March 29, 2024, 01:40:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Send midi out on seq 1  (Read 1211 times)

tonaldefiance

Send midi out on seq 1
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:28:00 pm »
The answer is probably staring me in the face.

I am powering the BSP with a USB hub. seq 2 is sending cv data to my Moog dfam. I have the Midi out cable plugged in to the out and its going to my midi modified korg monotribe but i dont know how to tell seq 1 to send midi data out instead of cv.

Pouring through the manual i am not seeing how to do this. i have the Midi control center so i was hoping someone could walk me through sending midi data through the midi out.
can all the sequencers including drums be told to go through midi?

Thank you

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Send midi out on seq 1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 02:51:09 am »
MIDI data is sent along side CV, what it sounds like is going on is you have different MIDI channels assigned to the sequence and the Monotribe.  I don't know how to set the channel on the Monotribe, but an easy way to find which channel it's on id to cycle through the channels seq2 is sending on.  You'll hit the right one in no more than 30sec.  Have fun!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Send midi out on seq 1
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:43:38 pm »
Hi tonaldefiance,
megamarkd is right. BSP always sends data to both MIDI and CV. It must be a MIDI channel issue. Sequencer 2 is set to channel 2 by default.

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines