April 20, 2024, 06:24:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrixbrute mono vs. stereo ?  (Read 2257 times)

drlaine72

Matrixbrute mono vs. stereo ?
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:15:32 pm »
Other than with the effects, is there any point in running the MB in stereo ?
There are no modulations using panning and the seq/arp don't either. Don't believe split mode utilizes the stereo field. Am I missing something ?

Lunatic Sound

Re: Matrixbrute mono vs. stereo ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 04:14:08 pm »
I don't think you are missing anything. Before FX, everything is Mono. Cheers!

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 11:28:57 pm »
I think  that for this to be possible, it would need a second VCA. I remember reading somewhere that it may have a  "hidden" vca used for the Para or Duo mode (maybe in a Marc Doty video?)...not really sure about this. I would not hold my breath. There are not really a lot of analog synths designed with stereo in mind. That is one of the reasons I treasure my CS30! Regardless, the MB Effects do a pretty good job creating a stereo field. You can even do pseudo panning by modulating the Dry/Wet ration with a slow LFO.

guyaguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 08:57:09 pm »
I think  that for this to be possible, it would need a second VCA. I remember reading somewhere that it may have a  "hidden" vca used for the Para or Duo mode (maybe in a Marc Doty video?)...not really sure about this. I would not hold my breath. There are not really a lot of analog synths designed with stereo in mind. That is one of the reasons I treasure my CS30! Regardless, the MB Effects do a pretty good job creating a stereo field. You can even do pseudo panning by modulating the Dry/Wet ration with a slow LFO.
It does have a second VCA for the 2 different routings in duo mode, as shown in the architecture diagram in the manual. The ability to route each duo mode voice to a different output and auto-panning like on the Analog Keys would have been nice, even it would mean bypassing the mono-in effects.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines