April 20, 2024, 04:02:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Please help me figure out how to record into Ableton Live.  (Read 3409 times)

420bpm

Please help me figure out how to record into Ableton Live.
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »
My setup: Macbook Pro with UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop PCI card, OS X - El Capitan Version 10.11.6

When I change “MIDI From” within Ableton’s track to “Arturia Keylab Essential 61 (MIDI In)” I get a lead synth sound blended (combined) with preset chosen in Analog Lab 3 sound in playback mode, and metering shows the sound. In record mode I get only the sound (preset) that I’ve chosen, which is of course preferred, from Analog Lab 3 but there is no metering and nothing gets recorded.

When I switch Ableton’s track back to “2-MIDI” I get only the sound (preset) that I’ve chosen from Analog Lab 3 in playback mode or record mode, and there is no metering and still nothing gets recorded.

Everything else seems to be working to my knowledge but I cannot figure out how to record from Analog Lab 3 / my KEYLAB 61 Essential into Ableton Live 9.

Included is a photo when“MIDI From” within Ableton’s track to “Arturia Keylab Essential 61 (MIDI In)” I get a lead synth sound in playback mode, and metering shows the sound.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:34:02 pm by 420bpm »

LBH

Re: Please help me figure out how to record into Ableton Live.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 02:00:17 pm »
I don't use Ableton. I suggest you check some Ableton tutorials and documentation and perhaps Ableton forums.
You need to find out how to set things up in Ableton, and how to record.
Perhaps this videos helps: https://www.ableton.com/en/live/learn-live/

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:13:47 pm »
I agree.  Ableton Like is a complex software and you really have to look at dozens of different tutorials, from their manuals to their videos and the various Youtube videos as well.  I don't know if you need to use different midi channels unless you have different instruments in use but, you can try to use ALL midi channels for the Keylab essential to see if that works.
You also can't just record the keylab since it only provides midi signals, it has to be in conjunction with a preset.  You have to select either an instrument, a clip or sample or other items in Ableton by moving it into a new area to the right or into an empty Midi or Audio box and then select the Record button.  To not hear the existing Analog Lab preset, you simply turn off that box or you can set Solo on the new box you're recording with.

Good luck

chrisjdan

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 02:40:43 am »
Hi 420bpm

I've just joined the forum. Bought the controller yesterday. Still thinking about the KEYLAB series....

I've attached all the images that should get you recording into live9. I have the same setup...

It sounds like you need to open the audio config of aLAB and set it to either pair of virtual inputs in the uA console.

See the attached images....

Let me know if it helped....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines