March 19, 2024, 05:25:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse with effect pedals and synths  (Read 2990 times)

alrickp

Audiofuse with effect pedals and synths
« on: April 26, 2018, 05:59:31 am »
Hi Guys,

quick note as I'm trying to incorporate guitar effect pedals in my setup and would love to hear your thoughts on the best way to organise my setup.
My setup currently consist of a Live 10, Push 2 & moog subsequent 37 through the audiofuse.

In order to incorporate effect pedal with my setup I feel like I have 2 options:

- option 1: to include my effect pedals in daisy chain on the same line as my Sub 37 > input 1 of the Audiofuse.
- option 2: to set up my pedals with Live 10 external effect plugin so that I can use my pedals as a send/return track.

I feel like when you start investing in pedals it makes sense to be able to use them on other channels of your DAW and not only on your synths, so that's why I thought Option 2 might be a better fit for me. Would be great if anyone had experience using audiofuse with external pedals to hear more on how you've connected your setup.

thanks a lot

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Audiofuse with effect pedals and synths
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:10:55 am »
Hi alrickp welcome to the forum.   both methods are valid ways to record any type of FXs I personally do not have any pedals but do use some of my old fx hardware that is sitting around , So on using the first method which great on saving inputs but if recording you must make sure the sound you want is correct as you cannot adjust the fx after its recorded.
But with the second option I use an Adat 8x8  inputs for fxs send and returns where if I record a synth part on one channel and the fx on another you can adjust the amount of fx level in post mix and even come back another day and adjust.
Depends on how you record both ways have there pros and cons
sometimes recording in daisy chain makes you commit to your recording.
in the studio most artists record daisy chain with pedals as they know the sound they want.
Hope this is fine for you

regards

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines