April 25, 2024, 03:24:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do you use an audio oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer with your MatrixBrute?  (Read 1345 times)

endreola

When it comes to electronic music and sound I'm hooked.  And being able to see it, well that just icing on the cake.

Am curious if you do, what do you use?

In my early 'techie' years I used to have a couple of Tektronix scopes sitting around.  Both analog and digital.  The analog scope (585A) was used seasonally (based on tubes which kept the room nice and toasty during the winter months ;D).  Got rid of them decades ago and now am thinking about software-based (preferably for Mac OSx). 

Dean

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
My "real" scope stays on the electronics bench. For my music gear I use the scope and spectrum analyzer that's part of the MOTU software. It works fine and has the convenience of connecting to anything in my rig (well, anything that's routed into the audio interface...) with only a click. Soft scope is the way to go in a DAW connected rig  :)

endreola

I can see why you like it.  As for audio devices go I have the Scarlett 6i6.  Haven't spent much time researching their plug-ins but Flux's sound science looks promising. 

Thank you for your comments, it provided me guidance towards audio plug-ins.

On a side note, The guys over at RAB Audio are pretty cool.  They're building me a ProRak 88 studio desk with 6U rack bays instead of 4U at no additional cost.  Now that's what I call good customer service!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines