March 28, 2024, 06:05:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute 2S and External input  (Read 2129 times)

stefanet

Minibrute 2S and External input
« on: April 24, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »
Hi everybody,
I tried to to enter the output of an Roland TR-09 drum machine into the External Input of my Minibrute 2S.
The problem is that I have a very low sound of the TR-09 (The output is at the maximum) so that I have to increase the Ocillator Mixer to have se same volume. Other wise I dont hear the Drum machine.
I use to do this because I didn't have an external mixer to put all the stuff inside (Will be the next thing to buy) so I would like to input the Drum machine in the MB2S eternal input and plug the output of the MB2S in my amp.
Has any body tried this ? Why is the sound so low ?
Thanks for your help.
Regards

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
Re: Minibrute 2S and External input
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 12:14:16 pm »
Hi,

AFAIK the external in was calibrated to match Eurorack oscillators output levels; which are usually louder than line out devices.

I do not think adjusting the input volume of the external input is possible via firmware so the best solution for this is probably to amplify it via a mixer channel; maybe one of these could also be a solution ? https://www.thomann.de/gb/art_tube_mp.htm

In any case if you plan on acquiring more hardware gear a mixer is definitely a worthy investment.
Got this one at home and it really serves my modest setup : https://www.thomann.de/gb/mackie_profx12v2.htm

stefanet

Re: Minibrute 2S and External input
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 02:26:52 pm »
Hi Vic-Tor,
Thank you very much for your reply !
I didn't know that the Eurorack output was louder. Buying a mixer will be the solution of all my problems. :-)
I will have look at your links.
Regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines