March 19, 2024, 11:03:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound issue with JP8 synth on Analog Lab 3  (Read 11818 times)

retrophonics

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sound issue with JP8 synth on Analog Lab 3
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2018, 07:19:57 pm »
Thanks Andy...you've been a great help and it's very much appreciated
Will do as you suggest but going to take a break from it for a while as my patience has run out with this and it's really got me down  :( ....
I've worked on this for 3 weeks, bought a re-conditioned  laptop with the correct spec, then Arturia Keylab 61 midi keyboard, CollectionV6 and now a Focusrite 2i2 and after all that and weeks of work,  I'm no further forward than when I tried to play Lab 3 on my old work laptop...
Maybe there's a bug that hasn't been sorted out yet by either an Arturia or Focusrtie updates?

retrophonics

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sound issue with JP8 synth on Analog Lab 3
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 10:12:28 pm »
Hi Guys,
After taking a break from this, I've spent the last 2 days back working on it to resolve the sound issue on Lab3
Well...I've finally figured out what's causing my sound issues with Lab 3 and the failure of my new Focusrite 2i2 to work.
Firstly the simple reality of Lab 3 sounding so awful though my laptop was.......drum roll...... the power cable to the laptop plugged in and powered up.
When the power is plugged in many of the more complex Lab 3 synths distort and crackle.
When I work off the battery, they sound fine!!!
But as my laptop powers other things i.e. audio interface...I must run the power cable.
So upshot of this is that my Arturia Lab 3 is completely usless to me as many of the sounds distort badly when my laptop is powered up to the electric.
I've spent a lot of money on Lab 3, Essential 61 midi keyboard, a Focusrite 2i2 audio interface and a laptop....and all for nothing...
Gutted and very unhappy that this expensive Lab 3 software conflicts with the power coming into ones laptop..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines